HOTFIX For F-14X?

LT StarBuck 107

On 2/14/2018 at 3:32 PM, LT StarBuck 107 said:

Hello Cagle, can you post the download Hotfix for the F-14X Extended ... I having problems with launching off the cats seems the Nose strut won't kneel all the way down?

Thanks.

On 2/15/2018 at 7:09 PM, LT StarBuck 107 said:

I'm using (v2.02) with FSX Acceleration... But i lost the Hotfix when I had to reinstall windows 7 for a clean reinstall.

I'm a little confused, though maybe this is just bad memory.

- When you say that the Nose Strut won't kneel all the way down...does that mean is starts to kneel and then stops?

- I don't recall releasing a hotfix for this problem?

Can you please describe the problem in more detail? E.g. Are you (first) trying to compress the gear with the VC switch Nose Strut - Kneel, or are you simply pressing toggling the Take-off assistance ARM keypress [Shift+I] and letting the gear compress while it attaches?

The default test flight that I use is a carrier flight, so I've literally performed hundreds (if not low end thousands) of CAT launches with the F-14. The only memory I can really pull up on this, is that the an carrier is an AI vehicle and if the frame rates are low or unstable then it can cause bouncing between the F-14 and the carrier that really causes problems with the CAT attachment.

1 hour ago, jcagle said:

I'm a little confused, though maybe this is just bad memory.

- When you say that the Nose Strut won't kneel all the way down...does that mean is starts to kneel and then stops?

- I don't recall releasing a hotfix for this problem?

Can you please describe the problem in more detail? E.g. Are you (first) trying to compress the gear with the VC switch Nose Strut - Kneel, or are you simply pressing toggling the Take-off assistance ARM keypress [Shift+I] and letting the gear compress while it attaches?

The default test flight that I use is a carrier flight, so I've literally performed hundreds (if not low end thousands) of CAT launches with the F-14. The only memory I can really pull up on this, is that the an carrier is an AI vehicle and if the frame rates are low or unstable then it can cause bouncing between the F-14 and the carrier that really causes problems with the CAT attachment.

I'm using Take-off assistance ARM keypress [Shift+I] and letting the gear compress while it attaches? but it keeps coming up it won't stay down to attach to the catapault launcher?

it still doesn't work.  As I mentioned in my own thread and the support ticket, when you kneel the nose strut with either the cockpit switch or the CTRL+W toggle water rudder command, it goes down part way and then immediately reverses to the default position.  Using CTRL+I results in an endless loop of the aircraft kneeling and then popping back up.

Ok, I reinstalled from the version in the "updates" section here, and the aircraft appears to be working properly.  FSPilotshop must not have the correct build, even though the version number is the same.

yeah, it threw me off that the version number was the same, but it seems to work.  I'll definitely buy direct from here next time.  I've also had trouble with Aerosoft stuff on Steam.

Archived