Recently we have seen a lot of codes used to unlock our products being offered for discounted prices. Almost all of them are bought using stolen credit cards. These codes will all be blocked by our systems and you will have to try to get your money back from the seller, we are unable to assist in these matters. Do be very careful when you see a deal that is almost too good to be true, it probably is too good to be true.

Mathijs Kok

World of Aircraft : Glider Simulator

Looks very very nice! But in the most humble way I can express, why on earth not a more exciting area? why not one of the islands in Hawaii, Grand Canyon etc where one truely would enjoy the sights, the mountains. This is all flat. Nothing I truely fancy when up in one if those machines to be honest.

Because the project is really intended to simulate a nice summers day at your local airfield.  And what we show is how it is for most people. 
But don't worry, follow up projects in the series will feature different areas. For example, we are looking very hard at doing seaplanes at lake Como.  This just made a faster process possible.

Thanks for the update Mathijs, look forward to this :) Although a die hard P3D general aviation enthusiast primarely flying in SimWing territory of the Canary Islands this sure will spice things up a bit and fun with a little change of simulator. Keep up the good work!

I just found this project and I have to say its looking really epic! I like the idea of the low price aswell :P

As a real world glider student I really hope that the sounds are good; like the ground roll, the rope-release and the wind noise that the airbrake makes. The sounds is the reason I don't fly the x plane ask21.

Im really really looking forward to this!!!

//Albin

IMG_2495.PNG

At the minute condor is very good I'm using it :D Looking forward to this though. 

This is not in any way to be seen as a new 'complete' simulator. While we do aim pretty high with flight models and rendering, it is very much intended as pure stand-alone, easy to use, low-cost simulator for sales on STEAM. We made this choice specifically so we can do the area that we cover in the best detail and not have to spread our resources over a huge area where you can only get AI driven scenery. That said, we have decided to add Speyer airport (and of course the Aviation museum) to the project. It's a pretty amazing airport located very much inside the city borders.

We also do not plan add-ons or anything like that. What will be possible is that after we released a new simulator in the World of Aircraft series is using the resources from one into the other. We are currently looking at amphibian flying around Lake Como (there is a float plane base there), fire fighting,  or mountain flying. Again, all rather specific areas of small aircraft aviation.

I'll have more images soon as the dev team completed new clouds, sun effects etc.

Work in progress, but I think you will understand what we try to achieve with great looks after seeing these images.

01.png

07.png

02.png

03.png

04.png

06.png

Btw, here is the definitive list of aircraft that will be included:

• H36 Dimona. The Dimona is not a great motor aircraft and not a great glider, but it is a brilliant cross between the two. You can fly to your gliding areas and never have to worry about not making it back to your base. It's my favorite.
  • ASK-21. The ASK-21 is still in production and is in use by many glider clubs as an aerobatic and cross-country glider as well as a trainer. The Mi version has a retractable rotary engine and is self-launching. A fine glider to use after you used the Blanik.
  • ASK-21 Mi. The ASK-21 Mi is the same glider as the Ask-21 but has a retractable rotary engine and is self-launching.
  • LET L-13 Blanik. This two-seater trainer has been for many pilots the aircraft they got their first flight in. It’s used all over the world with over 3000 aircraft build since 1958.  Easy to fly it is an ideal aircraft to get your baptize in.
  • PZL-104 Wilga. It looks like a dinosaur and in many ways it really is. Aerodynamics clearly was not the first consideration in the design. But it is an amazing aircraft that can land anywhere and even tow two gliders at the same time!

As you see we try to cover a full range with pure gliders, motorized gliders, motor gliders, and a tow aircraft.

I searched this forum but couldn't find an answer. This simulator will work with SteamVR? Thanks in advance. It would be an amazing VR simulator.

We are looking at VR, but at this moment not convinced any of the goggles is good enough to show what we want to show. Keep in mind you might see 5000 trees and that takes a heavy toll on any system, let alone having to do it double.

So how many 3d trees you think are in this view? Still runs at 92 fps on my system....
Btw, cloud shadows are also done as you can see. 

image.png

Btw, I am looking for three people to assist with testing this product. Right now I am really only looking for people who have years and years experience on gliders and pulling gliders. If you want to apply, contact me at mathijs.kok@aerosoft.com. If we need you, you will get a reply, if not you won't see anything (sorry not nice but with so many applicants it is the only way).