Mathijs Kok

World of Aircraft : Glider Simulator

Will it be possible to set up the weather and the intensity of thermals? Or will there only be nice weather and a fixed thermal? Would be great, if there could be more clouds or even rain effects, but I think rain will be too much for this "simple sim". But the intensity of thermals would be needed to accompany the different flying skills of your customers.

There will be some different winds (I found out how hard it is to do an airtow with some crosswind) but we will stick to nice summer weather. How thermals will be done is being discussed. 

5 minutes ago, Jeroen Doorman said:

will my X56 work with this?

Yes, all standard controllers are no problem.

vor 55 Minuten, Mathijs Kok sagte:

There will be some different winds (I found out how hard it is to do an airtow with some crosswind) but we will stick to nice summer weather. How thermals will be done is being discussed. 

Ok. As a possible customer of the sim, I would be happy to increase thermals for the beginning and make it less strong, when I will be more skilled to make it more difficult to stay in the air.

How many of the airfields in the sim's 50km x 50km area will be modelled? Will the sim have VFR flight planning facility?

9 hours ago, hypercide said:

How many of the airfields in the sim's 50km x 50km area will be modelled? Will the sim have VFR flight planning facility?

At 50 km range isn't it pretty visual by naked eye? Why would anyone want to specifically plan a flight within 50 km? (Not insisting on anything, just curios 🙂 )

17 minutes ago, BlankShot said:

At 50 km range isn't it pretty visual by naked eye? Why would anyone want to specifically plan a flight within 50 km? (Not insisting on anything, just curios 🙂 )

Indeed yes. But if one would fly a specific route within the map, a flight-planning option would be a helpful (albeit not required) tool... 😊

My main interest is the number of airfields. The second question was aimed at prying out details about extendibility of the basic concept. A "world" of aircraft suggests that a 50 x 50 map is a proof of concept.

On 12/8/2018 at 5:15 AM, hypercide said:

Two airports, so a flight planner is not really needed. This is really a very basic flight simulator, not in any way intended to compere with P3D or X-Plane. Reading your posts most likely not a product for you.

Actually, it may be exactly the sort of thing I am looking for.

Right now, in order to be perceived as covering all the bases the sim community expects to be covered, each of the "main" platforms makes significant compromises as to content, whether that be terrain detail, quality of default aircraft, environment, ATC, etc etc. As a long-time casual simmer, I'm still looking for a simulation experience that allows me to maximize the 1 to 2 hours a week (and sometimes less) I have to devote to this hobby. I've moved over to XP11 after abandoning FSX and after having flirted with FSW, and while XP11 a good sim in its vanilla state, it still needs a lot of add-on's to be seamlessly entertaining (and even then.. 😕).

The World of Aircraft modules, based on the scenery and default aircraft that are being previewed in this thread, seem to promise the "all-in" experience I've been looking for. Moreover, way back in my Aerosoft order history will be all the Aerosoft scenery and aircraft I purchased for FSX. One of the reasons I am increasingly interested in World of Aircraft is because it is an Aerosoft creation.

Keep in mind that this as alpha en most things are likely to change. Also keep in mind this is NOT intended a competitor to FSX. P3D or X-Plane but a low cost (under $25) stand-alone simulator. The flight model etc are pretty high end though! 

and here is a nasty spin in the Schleicher Ask21 Mi (again keep in mind, all alpha material!). Do see it in 1080p!

Those last two videos are fantastic.  Can you tell us what the LOD of the mesh in the game area will be?

For those interested, here's a link to an upcoming FAA safety program webinar on glider flight planning, finding thermals and competition prep by Sebastian Kowa, world renowned soaring pilot. He's only been world champion soaring pilot a mere 22 times and currently ranked #1 in the world, so chances are good any of us could learn something from him! It's at 0100 UTC on Wednesday, February 7. Do check the site to make your own time zone conversions as the advertised date is during "normal" hours on Tuesday February 5 for Continental US viewers.

https://www.faasafety.gov/SPANS/event_details.aspx?eid=88846

How realistic will the physics be? I'm training to go solo and would like a very realistic simulator in terms of actually flying. I know there's condor 2, but that's £60.