Recently we have seen a lot of codes used to unlock our products being offered for discounted prices. Almost all of them are bought using stolen credit cards. These codes will all be blocked by our systems and you will have to try to get your money back from the seller, we are unable to assist in these matters. Do be very careful when you see a deal that is almost too good to be true, it probably is too good to be true.

Mathijs Kok

World of Aircraft : Glider Simulator

12 hours ago, DonaldT said:

I have plenty of "whole world moddable" sims but I will definitely buy your product if it supports VR...

Donald

It will.

Well, first day buy for me, and I really welcome the idea of developing this sort of simulation platforms - reduced in scenery scope, but full of interesting details !

I came here as, since about the end of April of this year, I've been poking around the different corners of the flightsim world for clues to what might be next for flight simulation. I am struck by the fact that this product also has the word "World" in its title and does seem to be aimed at a market that is different from that served by LM and LR. I don't know if you are able to answer this question, but has the cancellation of FSW (whose tangled history I'm fully aware of) provided space for you in which to re-conceptualize the direction in which you intend to take this particular suite of products? 

Tim

Mmmmm, no not really, this is really intended as small stand-alone simulator products

Interesting. It has struck me for many years (I began buying Aerosoft products back when I was using MSF2004), that while Aerosoft's add-ons actually span almost all the major components of a flight simulator (aircraft, scenery, AI, and utiilities), it has never, till now, actually brought to market something that knits them all together. So I am intrigued by what you wrote in your initial post about this product being based on a  "game engine...created for flight simulators."  Am I correct in assuming that that engine has been created "in house" by Aerosoft?  

Tim

On 30.7.2018 at 08:33, Mathijs Kok sagte:

Not sure what you call proper, but yes it will have that.

Not like FSX or X-Plane, more like Condor ;)

Oh man, this is sick! definitely would be interested in this sort of gliding simulation especially if it can hold me over the winter when I cant go real gliding :lol:. I have a couple of questions! Is this sim going to cover the globe or a concentrated area and is there going to be a L-19 tow plane and SGS 2-33A glider. Haha  cant go with out my 2-33a flying brick. And will there be a proper stall simulation like spins, spirals etc? Because spins in P3D are pretty non-existent when it comes to the gliders. Really excited to see how this will turn out and I will definitely look to buy it :D Love to help with what ever real world gliding questions there are!

On ‎8‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 11:23 AM, NiccoKai said:

Oh man, this is sick! definitely would be interested in this sort of gliding simulation especially if it can hold me over the winter when I cant go real gliding :lol:. I have a couple of questions! Is this sim going to cover the globe or a concentrated area and is there going to be a L-19 tow plane and SGS 2-33A glider. Haha  cant go with out my 2-33a flying brick. And will there be a proper stall simulation like spins, spirals etc? Because spins in P3D are pretty non-existent when it comes to the gliders. Really excited to see how this will turn out and I will definitely look to buy it :D Love to help with what ever real world gliding questions there are!

Read the very first post and you'll find your answers there regarding area, gliders and tow plane provided. As for flight physics, since it's aimed at a beginner type market, this may be a little basic for your taste, but when it's released and the feature set finalized, check back and see what's offered.

Finally, did you mean "this is slick" instead of "this is sick"? Or is that simply how you describe something you like?

23 hours ago, Herman said:

Finally, did you mean "this is slick" instead of "this is sick"? Or is that simply how you describe something you like?

Yeah it's used to describe something that is cool. I just checked the first paragraph and for sure I'll definitely check back once it's released and see what is to offer! Good luck with your guys work gliding isnt something properly represented  to the level it could be in fsx or P3D, I'm glad there is soemthing dedicated to that coming out!

Keep in mind this is a product in the 'casual simulation'. It's by no means intended as a hardcore simulation (though it is surprisingly sophisticated behind the scenes)

Any new info on this project?  I've been simming for almost 30 years: I am a hardcore casual simmer. Bet I'm not the only one.;)

• Upvote 2

Progressing nicely and almost fully on schedule. Will make some vids of the next beta. I did learn that taking of while towing a glider in crosswind is damned hard though!

Hello Mathijs,

Any news please?

Do you think it is reasonable to hope for a release before Christmas?

Or is it wiser to aim for next year?

Some more images of the latest build. thousands of roads have now been inserted. Also, note the much better lighting and reflections.

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

• Upvote 1

And some image of the options so you see what's tweakable. Please note we are still discussing the user interface.

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

• Like 1