Recently we have seen a lot of codes used to unlock our products being offered for discounted prices. Almost all of them are bought using stolen credit cards. These codes will all be blocked by our systems and you will have to try to get your money back from the seller, we are unable to assist in these matters. Do be very careful when you see a deal that is almost too good to be true, it probably is too good to be true.

Mathijs Kok

World of Aircraft : Glider Simulator

Please note this project was earlier shown under the preliminary title VFR Simulator.

World of Aircraft is a series of stand-alone flight simulation products that all focus on a specific part of VFR aviation. It is in no way intended to compete with X-Plane or P3D as it is not expandable, low cost (around 20 euro/dollar) and limited in content. It does, however, look very good, has excellent flight models and always has solid content. The product is intended for the STEAM sales platform.

The first release will be World of Aircraft: Glider Simulation, that is about gliders, motor gliders and gliders with auxiliary engines. 

It will contain a Dimona H36 (motor glider), Schleicher ASK21 (glider), Schleicher ASK21Mi (glider with aux engine) and a L-13 Blanik (glider). A Wilga PZL-104 is provided as tow aircraft. The simulation is based on Herrenteich Flugplatz (Germany) that is located on the borders of the river Rhein. A high resolution 50x50 km photographic terrain with detailed mesh and thousands of objects is provided. The game engine used is one that is created for flight simulators and should provide good framerates and high realism. 

Development is at this moment ongoing and on schedule for a release in 2019. The images shown below are from a very early beta where about anything will still be worked ar. The aircraft are not correctly shaded, terrain textures will still be replaced, cockpits worked on etc etc. They are just provided so you can get an idea on the product. Expect more information and images as the project progresses.

1.png

2.png

6.png

7.png

8.png

9.png

10.png

3.png

4.png

0.png

5.png

• Upvote 10

It looks really great but pleas excuse me trolling into this thread by saying that I had to read the title like four times to read "aircraft" instead of "warcraft, LOL.

I would like to know if in this simulator you would be able to learn gliding from scratch. I'd always have loved to learn it but at the moment my only experience is from gliding in FSX and it always ended terribly :wacko:.

Sincerely

Nicolas

28 minutes ago, Meyerflyer said:

Really cool. Will it be possible to launch via winch or just with towing?

Both!

Today  I Learned how incredibly hard is it to tow an aircraft with some crosswind. Normally you use rudder to keep the nose in the wind but with the glider pulling on the tail that becomes a struggle. 

23 minutes ago, DLHAirbus321 said:

It looks really great but pleas excuse me trolling into this thread by saying that I had to read the title like four times to read "aircraft" instead of "warcraft, LOL.

I would like to know if in this simulator you would be able to learn gliding from scratch. I'd always have loved to learn it but at the moment my only experience is from gliding in FSX and it always ended terribly :wacko:.

Well then you will like this one as it includes some solid training missions.

And yes, WoW always seems to pop up as I google. 

• Upvote 1

No, it is not intended as a moddable product. We really want to stay away from all that complexity. It's really not intended for the current simmers but for younger people or people who just like to experience a flight simulation. 

You never even get the Condor weather and flight physics not even from Condor 1. There's not even an LS8 or anybody flying 600km with an ask21. Do you have any idea about gliding?

I'm not sure what you are getting at Mr Kawa. Is being able to fly 600 km in an Ask a requirement? And having an LS8 also? You have not seen the product in any way but you have already made up your mind. That's fine, so you won't buy it. So you will never know that this is not at all intended to compete with a complex high end simulator. Different price, different audience, different platform. 

It is 20 years ago that I did serieus gliding and had a license and all. Still over 200 hours logged, but I guess in your mind that does not qualify me as 'having an idea'. That's why the people working on this project have in total 5000 hours logged.  Does that qualify as 'having an idea'? How many hours have you in a real glider?

Btw,  I have serious doubts you are really Sebastian Kawa. If you are not would you be so kind to change your forum name? I am pretty sure that fine gentleman and superb pilot (I had the honor of buying a drink for him) would not appreciate his name being used like this. We would also not expect a person like that to use an email account like you did.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 6

15 hours ago, Anthonyg1996 said:

Is this free

No, this will be a standard product on Steam. in the 20 euro range.

• Upvote 2

19 hours ago, Fabian Boulegue said:

Currently Windows only.

Condor is Win only, while SilentWings is cross-platform. Many games these days are moving to cross-platform engines

Indeed, we have some experience with that as well. But the simple fact is that (not counting consoles) gaming is for 85% a PC platform. The amount of Mac's that are capable for simulation is very limited.

Nice to see the Dimona again! Nice little aircraft that I never flew as much as it deserved...

This looks very good, especially with multiplayer - a few of my friends on Steam will be interested. Looking forward to it. :)

I have plenty of "whole world moddable" sims but I will definitely buy your product if it supports VR...

Donald