AES 2.0

fulano

Guest Souday
So what's up with aes 2.0, any hints on what it will consist of?

Not to speculate but from what I've gathered from Oliver and a few posts AES will have a much better understanding of the entire aircraft (Eg where the wings, engines, tail are etc.) and so things such as De-Icing units will be available, aswell as things such as high loaders for dedicated cargo aircraft.

This is just hopefulness on my part, but I would hope we could have more animations around the aircraft (eg. trucks driving up to the baggage loaders, then driving away again after maybe 2-4 minutes and returning empty.) and I'm not sure if its possible without a huge hit on framerates, but maybe even bags on the conveyor belts and containers on the lifts. Maybe even animated passengers going down the stairs and onto the coaches?!

Vehicles driving in from afar would also be awesome (:

I'm sure Oliver will impress us all though :D

All the best,

Alex

What I see as a great possible option, would be loading manager, where you could specify fuel, baggage and pax adn it would in fact load it into plane (with time)

Hi

What I would like as a big big big improvement would be just the pushback cars and mouvements for the AI traffic. Concerning these aircrafts you don´t need all the gategourmet cars or the luggage cars as well, because it would be impossible, or even all the gates moving exactly to the right doors, but just concerning what you see, only the round pushback mouvements are the worst part of AI aicrafts. Pushback truck and the right mouvements back to the taxiways as well as a good alignment with it like user aircrafts would be the top of this marvellous addon. :)

harpsi

Hi harpsi,

this big improvement won't happen.

Several times Oliver posted why: FS does not give any information about AI to other programs! AES knows nothing about these aircraft, hence no possibility to push or do anything with them.

Sorry to disappoint you.

• Developer

Thanks Marco,

yes, AI support with AES in FS2004 will never come, because the invest of time and money is to high in relation of benefit. There much more important features on the list, like Frighter support, better Regio and business jets support, more animations and so on, not to forget more airports and the FS X version.

So the plan is full for the next 6-12 month and later nobody will need a AI Support for FS2004 anymore.

So forget AI Traffic.

Hi Oliver,

What about LLBG ;) Also, a single marshal at TFFJ so we can hop over from TNCM? Do you think either of those could make it in to 2.0?

I would still love to see the freeware LLBG completed for AES. Other than that a de-icing truck sounds great. It is going to get cold here in New Jersey sooner than later :(

AES addict,

-Paul

Glad to see some love going to the Cargo flyers :wink: . It's also good to see more animations will be added (would love to see some moving baggage carts).

Oliver is it possible to get some AES support for the VOZ airports. Sydney and Melbourne would be highly appreciated.

PS- Is there any way for me to delete the "no tank" fuel truck and replace it with the Exxon mobile version used at the stands so I get that one regardless of where I'm parked?

• Developer
PS- Is there any way for me to delete the "no tank" fuel truck and replace it with the Exxon mobile version used at the stands so I get that one regardless of where I'm parked?

No, because I use the smaller "Pump-Truck" also, because he can be moved better at positions with jetways.

• 3 weeks later...
When AES will be compatible with FSX ?

As far as I know nobody knows if it will come for FSX. Oliver once said that he will begin at the end of the year to test if AES is possible in FSX but he promised to do all he can to bring it to FSX. So even if it comes it will be later in 2008. But has nothing to do with AES 2.0.

Hi Oliver

Firstly; thank you very much for this great AES tool. I already read that having a pushback sequence with any airport is not possible. Anyway, would it be possible to have all other vehicles available to any airport location ?

Thank you

Cheers

Kristoff (EHM1945)