Rome fsx, Runway 36W?

Merlin59

I was flying into Rome in my Dash8 in Air Hauler 2. When I asked atc for clearance they cleared me for 36 water. Which kind of suprised me since there is no water runway at Rome and the Dash8 doesn't float well. It's not a terrible flaw as I just requested another runway to land on. Any guesses where this might have come from or has anybody else seen this issue? Thanks ahead!

Actually it's a very annoying issue. There is no 36 water and I didn't get this before I added Rome. Has no one seen this but me? If not that figures to be my luck. Love the airport but am annoyed with this problem.

• Deputy Sheriffs

The General forum is labeled as not providing support. Since this appears to be an airport specific issue, I moved it from the General forum to the Airport one, where it should get more attention. When you can, please reply with the exact version of the product you have and any ATC add-on if any.

There is a 5 x 3 ft water runway in the AFCAD that seems somehow to be linked to a orphaned (stock) ILS (ITA 108.0 Mhz) - but it's strange that FS-ATC uses it as the runway is by far to small (and water) to support any aircraft....

• Deputy Sheriffs

Vielen dank, Juergen. I don't have the scenery, so wasn't able to open the AFCAD and look. When you have time, could you confirm that simply deleting the runway and orphan ILS then recompiling resolves the issue if you're seeing it too?

Merlin59, if you know how to use Airport Design Editor (ADE), would you please do the same? ADE is freeware and most any serious simmer should have it in their toolbox to fix things like this, runway numbers that change when the magnetic poles move, and frequencies, among other things.

I have no ATC add ons running. I don't know the version number but I just purchased it from Aerosoft direct in the last week or so. So I would guess the latest. I have no clue as to how to remove the water runway as suggested. Sorry on that one. I'll look into ADE and see what I can do. Thanks for the help though.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi try this, it was compiled with P3Dv4 SDK, but may work in FSX. You have to replace the LIRF_AF.bgl

I removed the water runway and merged the doubel mainrunways. But there are still a lot other.

LIRF_ADEP4_Bob.bgl

Please login to display this image.

Archived