P3Dv4 Confusion

crwk78

Hi,

I visited the Aerosoft website for the first time in a while today to make an order for some P3Dv4 sceneries.

I have spent the last hour trying to work out what is and what isn't compatible. I am getting confused with the Prepar3D Sceneries section of the website and the following two lists, the three of which don't necessarily agree with each other:

https://www.aerosoft.com/en/flight-simulation/news/what-s-prepar3d-v4-compatible and 

I am confused by the terms "Straight Port" and "Partly P3Dv4 features" and "P3Dv4 compiler". 

As an example, Tromso X is compatible in the first list, "Partly P3Dv4 features" in the second list, and doesn't appear in the Prepar3d Sceneries list on the website (although it does appear in the Steam section with P3D v4 written underneath).

I'm not sure this process can be more complicated, three tabs open and and a spreadsheet I created containing most of the colours available and I'm still none the wiser. A suite similar to FTX Global Central would be a start in making things more simple.

I've just bought some sceneries which I believe are "Full P3Dv4 Features", having to do two orders because two were upgrades and the system will only allow one upgrade at a time. There are others I want to buy but cannot as I'm not clear as to their exact P3Dv4 status.

Cheers,

Charlie K

Straight port, means it will install into P3D4  but may not have all the features it had before and does not use any of the upgraded features,

Partly means that some of the P3D4 features have been used,

P3d4 means it has been made for P3d4 (Aeorosoft Proffessional airports are just this and will only work in P3D4.)

If you are just starting and only run P3D4 I suggest restricting your purchases to Proffessional.

Thanks Harry for the information. In the case of Straight Port and Partly, are we able to see exactly what features are missing for each airport? Can we expect each airport which is currently Straight Port or Partly to eventually be upgraded to Fully?

I'm not just starting, I've been doing this for 25 years and have bought many Aerosoft products before. But because I don't spend much time on the forums, when I do decide to buy, I'm finding that the Aerosoft system of compatibility and updating is a bit of a headf*ck compared to sceneries of some of the other scenery companies, most of which are either fully P3Dv4 compatible, fully compatible when updated using a provided update, or not compatible!

• Deputy Sheriffs

While other developers might have a handful sceneries, Aerosoft have 200+, And for every customer their add-ons are of course the most important ones to get ported as quickly as possible. 

So the decision was made to get those sceneries that could do with a simple port first. After that Aerosoft started with the professional series, which is in fact full P3Dv4 compatibility, including all the new P3Dv4 features. Those sceneries that got an early update will as far as I know also make it into the professional series, but of course a little bit later. The professional series includes by the way also the latest real world updates of the Airports themselves. 

Archived