NavDataPro for Carenado 525A Citation CJ2 HD SERIES FSX; Prepar3D ?

DenisC

Hi

As theĀ  "Carenado S550 Citation II HD SERIES FSX; Prepar3D" is compatible with NavDataPro, is it possible to make the "Carenado 525A Citation CJ2 HD SERIES FSX; Prepar3D" compatible ?

Thanks

Denis

(I use P3Dv4; and bought this plane with Aerosoft)

On 06/02/2018 at 7:56 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

You mean if NDP supports that aircraft? We can;t make the aircraft P3D compatible of course as we are just a reseller.

Sorry I was not clear.
I know that the CJ2 is compatible with P3D V4 (and works well).

What I asked was: is it possible to update its Airacs with NavDataPro?

Denis

• Administrator

Hello Denis,

Ā 

we will check it. If Caranado uses the same navdata for P3Dv4 as for the other simulators (FSX, P3Dv3) it shouldn't be a problem.

Meanwhile you can select the S550 for P3Dv2 from the product list of the NavDataPro client and change the path to your P3DV4 installation folder.

Ā 

Please login to display this image.

39 minutes ago, Guenter Zehnel said:

Hello Denis,

Ā 

we will check it. If Caranado uses the same navdata for P3Dv4 as for the other simulators (FSX, P3Dv3) it shouldn't be a problem.

Meanwhile you can select the S550 for P3Dv2 from the product list of the NavDataPro client and change the path to your P3DV4 installation folder.

Ā 

NDP1.JPG

Hello Guenter

Thanks for you reply

The fact is that only the Citation II is listed, not the 525A Citation CJ2. I wonder if it would be possible to add this addon in the list to upgrade it.
I tried to do what you suggest, thinking that it would upgrade all Carenado Citation addons, but it doesn't work; the CJ2 airacs have not been changed.

Denis

2 hours ago, mopperle said:

In which folder does the CJ2 store the navdata?

So far as I am aware the data for all the Carenado aircraft goes into a single folder...Ā C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\CarenadoNavigraph

Ā 

DJ

41 minutes ago, ubersu said:

So far as I am aware the data for all the Carenado aircraft goes into a single folder...Ā C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\CarenadoNavigraph

Ā 

DJ

For P3d V4, I will check, I don't know

1 hour ago, mopperle said:

In that case it should also work with the CJ2, or it uses a different format.

All of the Carenado aircraft use the same data. I just checked the 550, the CJ2 and the Phenoms and all are on the same database in this folder specifically -Ā C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\CarenadoNavigraph\Navigraph

Carenado aircraft were designed with Navigraph in mind. That said it is trivially easy to change the NDP output to the \CarenadoNavigraph folder. That will give you another subfolder named "CarenadoNavigraph"; then drag the content of that folder into the "Navigraph" folder and you are done.

Ā 

DJ

On 09/02/2018 at 7:01 PM, ubersu said:

Carenado aircraft were designed with Navigraph in mind. That said it is trivially easy to change the NDP output to the \CarenadoNavigraph folder. That will give you another subfolder named "CarenadoNavigraph"; then drag the content of that folder into the "Navigraph" folder and you are done.

Ā 

DJ

Thank you DJ for your advice; I tried but it crashes my P3D!

The airacs are in the NavData folder, where there is a PROC folder and some txt files (see image)

Please login to display this image.

When I do the update, it writes a new PROC folder and new .txt files in the CarenadoNavigraph folder and of course this is not taken into account by the CJ2 because they are not in the NavData folder. So, as you suggested, I moved those new Proc folder and txt files in the NavData folder (where the previous files which worked were). I load again the plane and P3D crashes during loading (it doesn't crash when I load any other aircraft).

Any suggestion?

Denis

Hi Denis,

Ā 

It seems that the NDP data is missing a critical file - there is a *.index file that is required that is not installed by NDP. Sorry I missed that one... I suggest sticking with Navigraph for Carenado.

Ā 

DJ

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/2/2018 at 3:28 PM, DenisC said:

Hi

As theĀ  "Carenado S550 Citation II HD SERIES FSX; Prepar3D" is compatible with NavDataPro, is it possible to make the "Carenado 525A Citation CJ2 HD SERIES FSX; Prepar3D" compatible ?

Thanks

Denis

(I use P3Dv4; and bought this plane with Aerosoft)

did you succeed update them?Ā 

• 3 months later...
On 2/16/2018 at 9:26 AM, Guenter Zehnel said:

Hi,

Ā 

we know about this problem and we are working on it.
There are some major changes in Carenados navdata compared with other planes of them.

Hi Guenter

did you find how to solve this?

regerds

Denis

I tried manually installing NavDataPro into the CJ2 but it kept crashing my sim every time I loaded it up. It seems it needs Navigraph.

Archived