Sound problem with the Lightning T5 and P3Dv4.1

Richard Portier

Hi,

I installed the Lightning T5 in P3Dv4.1 + the new DLL's from the pinned WinZip file (P3Dv4 fuel.dll sound.dll and effects fixes.zip).

When I start the Gpu the sound is corrupted... It has the effect of causing stutter and freeze (1or 2fps)! Same problem during takeoff ... The result is either a definitive freeze or a Ctd.

P3Dv4.1, W7U64

I will add that this is the only addon with which I have this problem. Many aircrafts I have in P3Dv4.1 (Fslabs, A2A, Pmdg, Milviz, TFDI, Aerosoft F-14 latest version, all work perfectly ...)

Thank you and Regards,

11 hours ago, Richard Portier said:

Hi,

I installed the Lightning T5 in P3Dv4.1 + the new DLL's from the pinned WinZip file (P3Dv4 fuel.dll sound.dll and effects fixes.zip).

When I start the Gpu the sound is corrupted... It has the effect of causing stutter and freeze (1or 2fps)! Same problem during takeoff ... The result is either a definitive freeze or a Ctd.

P3Dv4.1, W7U64

I will add that this is the only addon with which I have this problem. Many aircrafts I have in P3Dv4.1 (Fslabs, A2A, Pmdg, Milviz, TFDI, Aerosoft F-14 latest version, all work perfectly ...)

Thank you and Regards,

Hi Richard

Sorry you have a problem ,  Is  it only when  the Houchin  (GPU ) is running ?... ie.  if you turn it off  does the problem clear ?

I have just tried these in P3Dv4.1 all is fine and with no visible   effect on FPS . They are kept in the aircraft Sound / Sound _System_LitT5 folder.

ASC_houchinloop.wav

ASC_houchinstart.wav

ASC_houchinstop.wav

DR

On 06/02/2018 at 4:21 PM, wingman5 said:

Hi Richard

Sorry you have a problem ,  Is  it only when  the Houchin  (GPU ) is running ?... ie.  if you turn it off  does the problem clear ?

I have just tried these in P3Dv4.1 all is fine and with no visible   effect on FPS . They are kept in the aircraft Sound / Sound _System_LitT5 folder.

ASC_houchinloop.wav

ASC_houchinstart.wav

ASC_houchinstop.wav

DR

Hi Dave,

Is  it only when  the Houchin  (GPU ) is running ?

No, I'll try to explain...

I can ear the Gpu start file and the Gpu stop file correctly, however the Gpu loop file stuts and has the consequence of causing stutters and freeze in P3D (Fps + -2).

I still managed to start the engines. After stopping the Gpu the program seems to be back to normal. I can taxiing, the buttons click sound in cockpit are correct.

Now, during the acceleration phase to take off the sound returns to stutter / freeze again, P3D crashes everytime before being able to take off.

I tried with the original ASC.DLL and of course with the new. The result is the same. Like I described above...

Again my system is normally very stable (drivers up to date) whatever the aircrafts or/and sceneries.

ASC.DLL file version 1.3.1.2 Product version 1.3.1.3, 64.5kb from 27/06/2017 10:03

From the Event Viewer :

Faulting application name: Prepar3D.exe, version: 4.1.7.22841, time stamp: 0x59d67e95
Faulting module name: XAudio2_7.dll, version: 9.29.1962.0, time stamp: 0x4c0643cc
Exception code: 0x80000003
Fault offset: 0x000000000002b72c
Faulting process id: 0x17a4
Faulting application start time: 0x01d3a15213cf49e5
Faulting application path: E:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\system32\XAudio2_7.dll
Report Id: 6a80ce20-0d46-11e8-bc3b-240a640748f4

I hope there is a solution to this problem, all the series of Lightning works very well in Fsx, I would like it to be the same in P3Dv4.1.

Thanks and Regards,

Hi Richard

So you have the problem even if you do not run the GPU ?

The ASC.dll that comes with the Lightnings controls the in cockpit sounds, it has control over the houchin sound,  

but during the take off presumably you have turned off the gpu anyway , and engine sounds are from the standard sound set.

If you remove the ASC file it will stop the internal wind noises as well  as the GPU etc.  if the problem persists  we can discount the onboard looped sounds.

I have just googled XAudio2_7.dll  it is the direct x sound control and seems to be the cause of many problems , run through the checks on that

cheers

DR

3 hours ago, wingman5 said:

Hi Richard

So you have the problem even if you do not run the GPU ?

The ASC.dll that comes with the Lightnings controls the in cockpit sounds, it has control over the houchin sound,  

but during the take off presumably you have turned off the gpu anyway , and engine sounds are from the standard sound set.

If you remove the ASC file it will stop the internal wind noises as well  as the GPU etc.  if the problem persists  we can discount the onboard looped sounds.

I have just googled XAudio2_7.dll  it is the direct x sound control and seems to be the cause of many problems , run through the checks on that

cheers

DR

Thank you for your help Dave.

So, I deactived Asc.cfg and Asc.dll, the aircraft is flyable but of course I have no more click sound in the cockpit...There is clearly a problem with the loop sounds played via Asc.dll.

Concerning DirectX, checked 32b and 64b all is clear...no problem at all. Like I wrote in my previous posts, all my other aircrafts work perfectly with no sound problem including the new F-14 version from Aerosoft.

Regards,

That's ok, if you no longer get the problem with the ASC deactivated we have a better idea where the trouble lies .

The GPU is not needed for starting it is really only eye-candy... just use the battery

if you have the problem during the take off run it might be the either the wind or the extra reheat sounds 

In the panel folder  open the ASC cfg file with notepad and cancel sounds = 60 >> 64 and 80 >> 86 by putting a  //  in front of them , and save.

ie. //Sound60=ASC_wind01,0
     //Sound61=ASC_wind02,0     

if that fixes it uncheck them selectively until the problem returns.

Don't forget to reinstate the ASC.dll

Cheers

D

1 hour ago, wingman5 said:

That's ok, if you no longer get the problem with the ASC deactivated we have a better idea where the trouble lies .

The GPU is not needed for starting it is really only eye-candy... just use the battery

if you have the problem during the take off run it might be the either the wind or the extra reheat sounds 

In the panel folder  open the ASC cfg file with notepad and cancel sounds = 60 >> 64 and 80 >> 86 by putting a  //  in front of them , and save.

ie. //Sound60=ASC_wind01,0
     //Sound61=ASC_wind02,0     

if that fixes it uncheck them selectively until the problem returns.

Don't forget to reinstate the ASC.dll

Cheers

D

Done but does not work...So, I made some other tests, the sound problem occurs with the Reheat (you was right) and the ASC_gear (sound65>>>sound69). The ASC_wind (sound60>>>sound64 are ok). I can take off now.

Curious that I have this problem, I'm alone with that ? Is it possible there is some glitches in the Asc.dll ? Maybe it's not fully compatible with W7U64...Is it fixable ?

I guess it's the same "game" with the F3 and F6 version (not installed for now) ?

Thanks for your help again,

Regards,

15 hours ago, Richard Portier said:

Done but does not work...So, I made some other tests, the sound problem occurs with the Reheat (you was right) and the ASC_gear (sound65>>>sound69). The ASC_wind (sound60>>>sound64 are ok). I can take off now.

Curious that I have this problem, I'm alone with that ? Is it possible there is some glitches in the Asc.dll ? Maybe it's not fully compatible with W7U64...Is it fixable ?

I guess it's the same "game" with the F3 and F6 version (not installed for now) ?

Thanks for your help again,

Regards,

Hi Richard

It's odd that X Audio2_7 is freezing up on some but not all the looped sounds , I guess its just getting overloaded.?

The T-birds are the only ones with the added reheat sounds, but the 3's and 6's have the same gpu and gear wind sounds.

The ASC.dll is an Aerosoft gauge but not specific to the Lightning , I think it just says play the sounds in the specific folder as required.

No other reports of this , and using P3dv4.1 / win10 or FSX I have no trouble.

DR

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I'm having a very similar problem with my F53 in P3D V4.2. The GPU sounds fine but the sound that is corrupt for me is the pilot oxygen mask breathing sound. It is very choppy and metallic sounding. During the takeoff roll this sound stutters and then stops and the sim has a CTD before getting airborne. 

I haven't tried disabling the ASC.dll file yet to see if this helps.

Cheers,

John 

5 hours ago, CF104 said:

Hi,

I'm having a very similar problem with my F53 in P3D V4.2. The GPU sounds fine but the sound that is corrupt for me is the pilot oxygen mask breathing sound. It is very choppy and metallic sounding. During the takeoff roll this sound stutters and then stops and the sim has a CTD before getting airborne. 

I haven't tried disabling the ASC.dll file yet to see if this helps.

Cheers,

John 

Hi John

The breathing is another looped sound .  Comment out sound= 70,71, and 72 in the ASC.cfg  by putting a // in front of them and saving.

DR

Archived