FMC - newbie needs help

Hello all for start

My name Is Tommy and i bought CRJ just today so atm I was happened to be at Armstrong airport in Canada (CYYW) and planned to fly simple route to CYWG .  Next, I started external power via Dave and turn on main power and ext power button just next to it. my plane then came to life. so after few easy checks I came to "FMS initialization" and there is where I got error. I managed to enter fuel and passenger data into PMS via date toom speeds aswell, but it failed on POS INIT. I did this after I pressed POS INIT, I then typed CYYW and pressed  LSK 2L button just next to Airport but I got message "not found". It kinda confused me sinc eeven default FSX got that airport in game. Just yesterday I landed here in PA44 with F1 GTN and all was fine. Is normal for FMC database that it misses entries in it? Or maybe I needed to update something before trying to fly? ( version shoud be 1.0.3).

EDIT: It just stroke me that it might be some addon conflict. Is there any known list of conflicted addons that might cause problems?

Help is much apreciated...I am total newbie in jet planes of this size.

P.S. weird graphical artefacts are due to me laid back with active headtracker XD

Please login to display this image.

First press Button 1Left to enter the cordinates into the scratchpad, then press button 5Right to enter these coordinates into "set pos" field.  This tells the FMS it is OK to begin programming.  Then enter the airport in 2Left button

Ok. I tried today that procedure, but I still got same message when I tried to enter cyyw to button 2L. So I am kinda stuck cos I cant go further without propper FMS setup. Btw..if someone have free time, we can maybe share cockpit or something like that....I would apreciate it.

Edit: I decided to do full reinstall of CRJ..I had some fsx issues yesterday due to old gold edition, so i hope this will now work...

Ok. I am back again. Now it is flight plan page . I setup, position, vspeeds, passengers, cargo flight levels and went to plan route, but again when i wanted to put CYYW into ORIGIN (button 1L) nothing happened. Naturaly, rest of proggraming failed...

SO..help is still needed

Edit: I also noticed one other thing. My fuel and cargo data (PERF INIT page 1) resets all the time even after I exec it.

Help guys...

Archived