Roma Fiumicino Prepar3d v4 Problem

Dino1945

Hi

I have a big problem with Roma Fiumicino Aerosoft. For twice, on the taxiway A, directed to the RWY 16R, my liner crashes with an invisible object.

Can you help me?

Thanks.

• Deputy Sheriffs

To start with, I strongly suggest turning "Crash Detection" off. It's not really realistic and causes problems as you experienced. That said, we know some like it anyway, so if turning it off resolves your issue, you'll have to decide if having it on is worth the issues it causes. In any event, please reply back if turning it off fixes the crash.

If I'm turn "Crash Detection" off, the flight is not realistic. No. I think that there's a problem on the taxiway, for that my plane (Boeing default, expecting Airbus Aerosoft) crash again a invisible object.

• Deputy Sheriffs
5 minutes ago, Dino1945 said:

If I'm turn "Crash Detection" off, the flight is not realistic. 

Off topic but if you fly with crash detection on and you crash. Do you stop with simming the rest of your real life? Being realistic and all. ;)

• Deputy Sheriffs
2 hours ago, Dino1945 said:

If I'm turn "Crash Detection" off, the flight is not realistic. No. I think that there's a problem on the taxiway, for that my plane (Boeing default, expecting Airbus Aerosoft) crash again a invisible object.

We're trying to help you troubleshoot. Please turn Crash Detection off and see it that resolves the issue, then you can turn it back on if you want to. As requested earlier, please reply back if turning Crash Detection off resolved the issue.

Herman, excuse me if I insist, but if I turn the Crash Detection off, the landings are not real, because if I miss the landing, the plane will not crash. Is that so or am I wrong?

Excuse me. I'm 72 years old.

Remember: the Liner crashes only on the taxiway A of Rome Fiumicino. On the other taxiways the plane does not crash. It's a problem of collision with an invisible object, for me -_-

Dino,

The reason that most people turn off crash detection has nothing to do with landing. You will know if you landed well yourself.

When developers make addon airports they add things like 3D grass etc all round the airport. If you run into a 3D object that you might not even see with crash detection on you will get a "crash" 

Crash detection on has always been a really bad idea like silly AI traffic that will block your way..

If you want to judge your landing get a program that can give your VS on touch down. But since you have been FS since 1986 you would know a good and bad landing. Turning off crash detection is the option to use, even more so if you use addon airports.

Turn it off and forget about it.;)

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived