AIRBUS SKELETON PLANES

lucienpa

Hello,

i have the airbus 318-319-320-321. SUPERBE,.............but...........as soon as i clic on the FLOOD LT INTEG LT........BRT the plane

become a skeleton. dont matter if it is 318,19,20,21...........when i close to OFF the planes become normal.

is the a way to solve this,

thank you very much,

Windows 10, GTX 660, 

Lucien Paquette.

10 minutes ago, lucienpa said:

Hello,

i have the airbus 318-319-320-321. SUPERBE,.............but...........as soon as i clic on the FLOOD LT INTEG LT........BRT the plane

become a skeleton. dont matter if it is 318,19,20,21...........when i close to OFF the planes become normal.

is the a way to solve this,

thank you very much,

Windows 10, GTX 660, 

Lucien Paquette.

Hello Lucien,

Sorry to hear you're having problems.

Can you please send your system specs (processor, memory, which sim you're running) as well as any other payware airliners you've been able to run?

Hello,

Processor : I5 2500

Running on FSX

4 GB Memory

IFLY 737, IFLY 747, PMDG 737, PMDG 747, Majestic DASH 8, all leggit ,and some Freewares.

Its not the first time that happen, but i always think it was my Graphic card, but since this morning i wanted to solve the problem

with my ASUS NVIDIA card doing some adjustment here and there, and also in the Options menu of FSX, Display,

but the problem still there and then i found that when i clic the two switches.......oupsss...........i see it is coming from there

directly on the airbus.

Thank You,

Lucien Paquette

Skeleton planes are usually caused by running out of memory.  4GB is half of what Lockheed Martin recommends for running P3D, and that applies to FSX as well when you're running payware aircraft and especially payware scenery.  A payware aircraft will often consume a little over 2GB of memory all on it's own.  Your graphics card is fine for running FSX.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Seeing skeletons is, as Dave wrote, a clear sign for low available memory.

FSX is a 32 bit application and can therefore address 4 GB max. As it is an old 32 bit application it is actually even less, just 3 GB. 

With using the so call HIGHMEMFIX FSX can use up to 4 GB.

But, as you only have only 4 GB in your system FSX has to share the it with everything else running at the same time, including Windows.

So what you need to do is to:

• add more RAM into your system, so that FSX can use 4GB for itself and don't need to share it with others. I recommend to at least double the amount of RAM in your system
  • add the HIGHMEMFIX into your FSX to enable it to use 4GB instead of only 3GB.

hello,

I have the P3DV3, version and i just test it,,,and not having this problem....but....i surely understand and i am joining you about the memrory, 

for witch i surely think that, 4 gb it isnt enough to run a superb plane like the Airbus.  

i made many flights with it and i adore it,....today RIGHT NOW....ahahaha.....i will upgrade my memory and see if it resolve

the problem, i am sure it will. i will give you some record about that.

thank you very much, Dave and Tom

Lucien Paquette

• Deputy Sheriffs

P3Dv3 is far advanced over FSX in terms of memory management. It is also limited to 4GB, but uses it much more efficient than the old FSX. I was never able to run into any kind of memory problems with my P3Dv3.

This topic might be of interest for you:

hi,

AS Tom said,,,Yes i had made the adjustment in the FSX.CFG file about the HIGHMEMFIX=1,

and ..........oups......sorry...i think im tired...............i have two 4G slots..........so 8 g already. is it possible that the AVAILABLE VIRTUAL MEMORY should be over 4g and not 3.45 g ?????

and the memory should be 1333 mhz  and i see 666 mhz ????, 

RAM
        Memory slots
            Total memory slots    4
            Used memory slots    2
            Free memory slots    2
        Memory
            Type    DDR3
            Size    8192 MBytes
            Channels #    Single
            DRAM Frequency    666.5 MHz
            CAS# Latency (CL)    9 clocks
            RAS# to CAS# Delay (tRCD)    9 clocks
            RAS# Precharge (tRP)    9 clocks
            Cycle Time (tRAS)    24 clocks
            Command Rate (CR)    2T
        Physical Memory
            Memory Usage    41 %
            Total Physical    7.94 GB
            Available Physical    4.64 GB
            Total Virtual    8.46 GB
            Available Virtual    3.45 GB
        SPD
            Number Of SPD Modules    2
                Slot #1
                Slot #2

• Deputy Sheriffs

Virtual memory is only relevant for 32 bit applications, and it can never exceed 4 GB per 32 bit application, regardless how much RAM modules you have installed in your machine.

Windows 64 bit is needed if you are running 64 bit applications (like P3Dv4). In a 64 bit environment the maximum usable memory is 16 Exabytes (which are shared over all applications, and is not per application).

hello,

Thank you very much Tom, i just read what you send me about P3DV3.  but for my problem about the AIRBUS, SKELETON in FSX, 

should i put more than 8gb of memory. ???? sorry i didnt respond to you because i didnt know how, because i was talking to Dave.

in P3DV3 no problem.............in FSX..skeleton Airbus plane. and yes HIGMEMEFIX is already in the FSX.CFG

SURELY ITS NOT NORMAL.............i think i will change the motherboard later...........i dont know if its related to the problem

because i had some problem with it  in the past. ASUS P8H77V 1155

than you very much Tom,

Lucien Paquette

• Deputy Sheriffs

8 GB should be sufficient for an FSX/P3Dv3 environment if you do not run too much stuff simultaneously to the sim. 

For a P3Dv4 system I would recommend at least 16 GB. 

Archived