Basicly wrong way of adding figures

Hi there,

i generally have great problems to get identical figures when calculating weight and balance with PFPX and Majestic Dash8 load manager ( eve i know, they are working a slightly different way)

Now i figured out the following:

The problem simply starts right at the beginning, in the way, how PFPX is adding simple figures.

I'm calculationg as follows:

57 pax with average  person weight of 85 kg equals

4845 kg

57 pax with 14 KG baggage equals

798 kg

makes a total paylaod (4845 + 798 = 5643 kg)

PFPX with same figures calculates a total payload of 5529 kg only the same time.( makes a difference of incredible 114 kg)

Posted same issue one week ago directly to PFPX, but didn't get an answer up to now. Anyone a clue for this?

BRGDS

Ingo

• Deputy Sheriffs

The difference you see is 2 x 57, i.e. PFPX calculates with 2 kg less per baggage item.

What baggage weights do you have configured in PFPX?

Please login to display this image.

On 31.1.2018 at 10:08, Tom A320 sagte:

The difference you see is 2 x 57, i.e. PFPX calculates with 2 kg less per baggage item.

What baggage weights do you have configured in PFPX?

Hi Tom,

I configured 14 KG for domestic as well, as  for international flghts. However i have the impression, that changed values aren't saved anytime. Just a few moments ago i planed the following flight with Dash and PFPX, and look at those gigantic differences when calculating a flight from LFPG to EGLL with same figures.Nevertheless i observed, that the baggage values in PFPX are unasked filled in again in PFPX. With that bagage value included your difference rise much more again :-(

To me it looks like, that in the present actual version 1.28  someone hardly can make serious and correct weight and balances.

Greetings

Ingo

Hi,

That's definitely not correct. Enclosed find a sample, how we at our VA would calculate your route. And with these values we always get the figures quite correct. You can see, that the pax weight matches quite closely to the value in the Q400 control panel. The small difference at pax weight arises obviously from the rounding between lbs and kg. I have defined the baggage weight as 0 kg in the settings and I enter the figure manually as we get random values from the VA when booking the flight.

And the fuel consumption with the profile from the download section in that forum is pretty close to the actual consumption.

Rgds

Reinhard

Archived