New Sim-Wings Heathrow Airport Pictures. (Large Post)

Shaun Fletcher

Getting back on topic I hope Simwings sprinkles some static aircraft around the airport. At certain times of the day traffic can be pretty sparse using programs like Ultimate Traffic. A little static aircraft here and there insures a nice rounded level of traffic around the airport at all times... :wink:

I agree as well, Dillion. I just got back from a short visit to the UK and we (the crew and I) had some time to kill while I waited on the client to arrive, so we poked around a bit and it seems like there is always some kind of activity. 8) Anyway, after being there I really can't wait till the scenery is out! :wink:

Is there a release date yet? :?:

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear EDOT-TH,

Do you know that to play with a good FSX ( speak about FPS) you have to buy some very good hardware like Geforce 8800 GTX and E6600 CPU etc...

Don't you think that all people can buy this stuff?

It cost a lot of money!!!!!

YOU HAVE TO BE LITTLE BIT MORE REALISTIC IN YOU POST!

:wink:

Cheers.

Duval I hate to go into this again but a year into FSX's release moderately powered new hardware should be able to run FSX. If top of the line hardware at this time can barley squeeze out GA flying in FSX that says volumes about the condition of the release version a year ago. Maybe next Chrismas of 2008 we'll be able to fly over major cities without a framerate hit. Maybe by Christmas of 2009 we'll finally be able to use Level'D's 767 and land at Simwings London's Heathrow airport. :wink:

Wow, those shots do indeed take me back to the good old days when i flew FS2000/2002 :), but this is really a dead debate and have veered off-topic so much that i fear it will be closed soon.

Let's just look forward to this airport, which will be released in a few weeks if i have heard correctly? :)

I changed the shots... :)

I have to disagree concerning FSX vs FS9 being a dead topic (within the context of developments like this scenery and PMDG). When you can see what I posted above yet you have major developers like Cloud9 and Aerosoft beating a dead drum as to the validity of making FSX only products we need to discuss this. I for one support what Simwings is doing with Heathrow and this also explains why Cloud9's forums have went all but dead since they decided to drop FS9. People nor FSX is ready for that yet... I want Simwings to know how important and glade we are that they are still making FS9 products. The screens above tell it all. The FSX pic above will give you around 15 or less FPS at the most for a shot like that (with todays latest hardware) where as that FS9 shot is all but fluid at 30+ frames a second (and I do emphasize the '+').

I don't know about you guys but with gas as high as it is these days I don't have time to spend tones of money on hardware for results like I'm seeing above. :)

• Developer

Hi,

that you have something to discuss more in topic:

Attached a picture of the Heathrow Mirror Docking System, now animated in the Simwings native Scenery and in AES for EGLL (more smooth).

Have fun.

Hi,

Attached a picture of the Heathrow Mirror Docking System, now animated in the Simwings native Scenery and in AES for EGLL (more smooth).

Have fun.

:shock: nice!

Oliver, all I can say is, "Perfect!" :wink:

Oh, and when can we get our "hands" on it?

Oooh, credit card is at the ready Mathijs.

Looking forward to this one.

Just installed Cloud KLAX and EHAM, and was planning a little flight saturday.

Scrap EHAM now, Heathrow here I come lol.

• Developer
We are working flat out, this is a major release for Aerosoft. And if all works out AES should ready for it very soon after.

Very soon after (or before) :D , you have the code Mathijs, it's up to you 8)

Very soon after (or before) :D , you have the code Mathijs, it's up to you 8)

Oliver are you saying 2.0 is done or a Heathrow amendment (1.90b or 1.91)? If it is done (2.0) I just need a yes or no answer for this; will the cargo flyers be happy?

• Developer

Oliver are you saying 2.0 is done or a Heathrow amendment (1.90b or 1.91)? If it is done (2.0) I just need a yes or no answer for this; will the cargo flyers be happy?

1.91, AES 2.0 will need some more time.