New Sim-Wings Heathrow Airport Pictures. (Large Post)

Shaun Fletcher

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awsome Detail! :shock:

Now that's been worth the wait!

Hands down the best Heathrow I've seen by far! 8)

Do you have any idea of when it might be reliesed?

Do you have any idea of when it might be reliesed?
"The FS2004 version is expected in 3 or 4 weeks while the FSX version will follow around October 2007. Not long now but it will be worth the wait" - the main page announcement says :wink:

Best regards,

Rafal

screenshots look great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: Cant wait to see the screenshots on fsx. Any news bout what features are going to come with this? (perhaps moving jetways at all positions on fs9?)

Looking great, far better looking ground textures compared to the UK2000 version.

How does it compare as regards FPS though? Since the update to the UK2000 scenery, I can often get stable 25FPS there with the PMDG Queen and full settings!

It sure is nice this is being done for FS9 (Simwings is not Aerosoft who would have nothing to do with FS9 at this point). My guess is when you started this scenery it was pre FSX days...

An unprecedented thing has happened this time around in the history of Flight Simulator (although some preach falsely that this happens with each new version of the sim). A year ago Aces treated us to the first FSX demo which performed like crap on most machines. Here it is a year later and detailed add-ons are still being developed for FS9 (the version before the latest incarnation of the sim). My bet is by January of 2008 FS9 will still be in the running right along side FSX instead of left behind like versions of the past. Peaple want to fly not tweek, fly not watch pauses and stuttering, fly not constantly buy new hardware with meager improvements in the sim's performance... There's something to be said about this and the hosed up job FSX was release under. We still haven't seen the full Vista/DX10 version. Once that comes out I may take a look...

All this is to say proof is in the screenshots above as to the longevity of FS9. Most screenshots I see of FSX look way worse than what I see above because most people can't run the darn thing decently. When this version of Heathrow comes out you can rest assured what you see in the pics above is what you get at home and the performance will be stellar on top of that. When simulating Flight one needs fluidity and that's something FSX won't give us at this time (especially in the London area). Aerosoft refuses to acknowledge this and in turn won't make dual versions of their scenery. SimWings my hat's off to you guys for this effort as all those who own FS9 will be able to use this scenery with products like LDS's 767 with maybe a hint of a slow down. Those waiting for FSX might not have the same experience (well maybe they can if they tone down the sim to look like FS2000) but that's their choice. The bottom line is you gave us a choice instead of forcing a slideshow product down our throats. A newer sim is not always a better sim and in this case turning down sliders to somewhat enjoy a scenery as awesome as this won't be something I'll have to deal with (many like myself will appreciate this very much)... :wink:

It would be nice to have a screenshot contest of the FSX version and the FS9 version using LDS's 767 when both versions of the scenery finally get released. The screenshots would have to show the framerate counter as anyone can take pretty pictures. The bottom line is what's the whole experience like (fluidity and all) and can you have a smooth approach into the airport both day and night (I doubt this is possible in FSX on any machine)... I brought this up as I know people are going to say something about this post. Why argue when screenshots and YouTube videos can tell the whole story? :wink:

Thanks again Simwings.... :)

It would be nice to have a screenshot contest of the FSX version and the FS9 version using LDS's 767 when both versions of the scenery finally get released. The screenshots would have to show the framerate counter as anyone can take pretty pictures. The bottom line is what's the whole experience like (fluidity and all) and can you have a smooth approach into the airport both day and night (I doubt this is possible in FSX on any machine)... I brought this up as I know people are going to say something about this post. Why argue when screenshots and YouTube videos can tell the whole story? :wink:

Thanks again Simwings.... :)

Hm, that would not make much sense. You make the mistake that you compare the FS2004 with the PC-Hardware of 2007 and the FSX with current hardware and possibilities in scenery design. I think the comparison would be fair if we would wait til lets say 2009 and compare FS2004 and FSX on this upcoming hardware and with the scenery design of that time.

Remember how FS2004 looked in year 2005 :wink:

We still haven't seen the full Vista/DX10 version. Once that comes out I may take a look...

Dillon, you might be waiting for a while. The inside information from a confidental MS source is that DX10 is not going well and is causing big problems with Vista. As far as Vista goes, he states that several major service packs are being worked on to fix only a small amount of the known major bugs.

When I asked him about the time frame that we might see good frame rates with FSX, He said when DX10 gets working and the bugs in Vista are taken care of.

When asked when that might be, my source said, "Don't hold your breath!"

Kansas City from Imagine has just been released for FS2k4. Another high quality add-on in the scenery department... Aerosoft needs to take a look at this. Again another example of what's still feasible in FS2k4 (with great performance to boot) almost a year into FSX's release.

Thanks again Simwings for the FS9 effort that we all can enyoy...

• Aerosoft
Kansas City from Imagine has just been released for FS2k4. Another high quality add-on in the scenery department... Aerosoft needs to take a look at this. Again another example of what's still feasible in FS2k4 (with great performance to boot) almost a year into FSX's release.

Thanks again Simwings for the FS9 effort that we all can enyoy...

Of course we do look at these things. And we are NOT dropping FS2004 at this moment. There seems to be a lot of confusion about this right now, let me again state some facts.

- We make most money on boxed products, FS2004 scenery is just not ordered by the main chain stores at this moment. If we focussed on FS2004 right now we would simply not survive.

- In contrast to the people who tell us we are not doing it right, we see the actual sales figures and we see the trends. FSX products sell better, it's that simple.

- Development for FSX is simpler and cheaper, making it possible to get better a prices or more details.

- Products like Heathrow were designed for FS2004 and because it is complex it will make FSX slow a release for that platform first is preferred. Of course using the same 3d sources a full FSX version (in native FSX code) is possible. And in the end it will be the version that sells best.

As I said before, for some products we will do FS2004 version, for others not. That's for the biggest part a matter of sales, Aerosoft is a commercial firm, we provide what customers want. And the trend in the forum is not the trend in sales.