SCEL

Hello,

Getting an error with SCEL for xplane V2

0:01:51.329 E/SCN: Failed to find resource 'TERRENOS/A_02.pol', referenced from scenery package 'Custom Scenery/SCEL_International_Santiago_Chile_v2.0/'.
0:01:51.329 E/SCN: Custom Scenery/SCEL_International_Santiago_Chile_v2.0/Earth nav data/-30-080/-24-071.dsf:
0:01:51.329 E/SCN: The art asset 'TERRENOS/A_02.pol' could not be found.
0:01:51.329 E/SCN: DSF canceled due to missing art assets, file=Custom Scenery/SCEL_International_Santiago_Chile_v2.0/Earth nav data/-30-080/-24-071.dsf, err=15 (dsf_ErrCanceled).
0:01:51.329 E/SCN: WARNING: got error on DSF load for scenery file -24, -71, Custom Scenery/SCEL_International_Santiago_Chile_v2.0/
0:01:57.220 I/SCN: DSF load time: 659345 for file Global Scenery/X-Plane 11 Global Scenery/Earth nav data/-30-080/-24-071.dsf (108376 tris)

Any ideas on whats going on?

• 11 months later...

I have just bought this scenery today and I am also getting this error (but only after an hour of flying north from the airport, as others have reported. The airport seems to load OK at first - XP11.30.

Your -24-071.dsf file in the Earth Nav Data folder must contain an incorrect reference to this pol file - no such file exists in the SCEL folder. The xp11.log file contains no other references, but a copy is attached...

Hope you can fix this but in the meantime I have copied the file placeholder.pol and after renaming it to A_02.pol put it into the  TERRENOS folder. Not sure yet if that will stop the error message in XP11.

Thanks.

Log.txt

• Administrator

May be the reason is the installed and activated HD Mesh V3 from AlpilotX.

You have it positioned above the also installed HD Mesh V4. See your Log.txt.

Only the Mesh v4 is for X-Plane 11. The Mesh v3 is for X-Plane 10.

Greets Heinz

Hi. As far as I recall, we all had to use Meshv3 in XP11 when it first came out, as there was no v4, but I could possibly be remembering wrong. I should probably put v4 above v3 though, you are right. I think I have sceneries created at that time using v3 mesh that would complain if I removed it though (or have I misunderstood that somehow?).

Before buying Aerosoft SCEL today, I had another payware scenery installed (no names, but not nearly as good as the Aerosoft version) and never got this message. The root cause must be somewhere with the Aerosoft scenery, no? XP11 reports that the Aerosoft dsf file is looking for a pol file that doesn't exist. How could the v3 mesh files cause that? Others are reporting this too, of course.

Many thanks. 🙂

• Administrator

Hello,

yes, you are right....

... but the "problem" here is for me, that I cannot recreate the error.

SCEL V2.0 is loading here without problems.

Windows 10, X-Plane 11.30r3, 

"SCEL_Amusement_Park_fully_Animated_v2.0" and "SCEL_International_Santiago_Chile_v2.0" installed.

Both above the "Global Airports" with the scenery packs ini.

in my ini file it looks like this:

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/AS-SCEL_Amusement_Park_fully_Animated_v2.0/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/AS-SCEL_International_Santiago_Chile_v2.0/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Global Airports/

I will try to test more here ....

But may be another user has an idea .... 

Greets Heinz

OK, thanks. Look forward to hearing. I didn't want to install the 'amusement park' folder. by the way, just the main airport folder... could that be a cause?

If I load my a/c at SCEL, there is no error either; as has been reported, the error window comes up later. I just loaded a flight at SCFA and immediately got the error about SCEL. You could always try that and see if you get the same message?

In fact, adding a copy of placeholder.pol renamed to A_02.pol to the TERRENOS folder, as I mentioned above, (and also a copy of placeholder.png is needed, or XP reports it missing) does seem to stop the error message from coming up, but that's a bit of a 'sticking plaster' job, rather than a solution, I suppose. 🙂

• Administrator

Hello,

now I have checked it again. With and without the Amusement Park.

Loading an aircraft directly to SCEL: No Problem.

Loading a new flight on SCEL: No Problem.

Flying around SCEL: No Problem.

I don't get this error message.

And I have looked into the ..... Terrenos and Terrenos/Aeropuerto/ folder.

I don't have a file A_02.pol there.

May be it is an idea to redownload SCEL and reinstall it.

And please be sure, that no antivir programm will block files.

Or try to install a second copy of X-Plane 11 with the X-Plane 11 installer.

Then only install SCEL there and test it......

Greets Heinz

Heinz... as I say, I don't get the error when I load as you have. As with others, it oddly only happens when you load a flight well away from SCEL - I got the error (until I added the 'dummy' files) when I started a flight at SCFA for example..

I don't have a file A_02.pol there.

No, nor do I - no one has, it doesn't come with the AS SCEL package of course: but the XP11/dsf file is definitely looking for one there.

I am sure the downloaded zip file is fine, and I had no anti-virus running when I installed the scenery. If the dummy files I have added fix the error (so far OK, but need to test some more), then I shall just leave it as it is.

Thanks for testing.

• Administrator

Hello,

ok, now I understand you.Sorry.

That is a strange problem. I am not sure if the problem is SCEL..

I have tested to load at first some other airports: SCSN, SCER, SCNK.

All without the error message.

But with SCFA, SCCF I found this error too...

I will send an info to our productmanger. We will contact the developers....

Greets Heinz

Good, thanks Heinz.

If you open Aerosoft's file -24-071.dsf with a text editor, by the way, you can find the incorrect entry for A_02.pol there. (Deleting the entry from within the text editor and saving it would certainly result in an unusable, corrupt file of course, but just to check whether the A_02.pol entry is present, it was useful. I suppose I could try editing the file using a Hex Editor, but I'll leave that for now and wait to see what the developers say. Here's a screenshot, anyway, just to show...):

Please login to display this image.

• Administrator

Hello Martin,

ok, thank you. 

You also can see the A_02.pol file if you load the -24-071.dsf file with the World Editor.

It is a pol file nearby the runway 35R.

Then for the first time, you can make this file unvisible. And save the dsf file with the world editor (Export Scenery Pack).

Then the problem will disappear.....

Make a backup from SCEL before ...!

But our productmanager will contact the developers....

Greets Heinz

PS:

The World Editor you find here:

https://developer.x-plane.com/tools/worldeditor/

Use the World Editor v1.61r1 !

You also can see the A_02.pol file if you load the -24-071.dsf file with the World Editor.

It is a pol file nearby the runway 35R.

Then for the first time, you can make this file unvisible. And save the dsf file with the world editor (Export Scenery Pack).

Then the problem will disappear..... 

I didn't try with WED... can always try that, but might as well stick with my 'solution' for now - seems to be OK. I did try in Overlay Editor and there are SO many files that it says it cannot read (probably just an OE issue) that I didn't look much further. I didn't see 'our' pol file there though.

Thanks again!  🙂

Hello everyone,

first of all to thank those who warn us about this bug.

After a few minutes of scratch my head, and doing a bit of memory, we have found the solution:

Only you must delete the folder -30-080, contained in the Earth nav data folder of SCEL.

Please login to display this image.

We also want to take advantage of the opportunity to publicize the solution of another error,  to those who use our scenarios together our freeware esceanrios (SCFA and SCSE).

http://www.virtualdesign3d.com/SOLUCION-Dutch/

Best regards,
Carlos & VirtualDesign3d Team

We also want to take advantage of the opportunity to publicize the solution of another error,  to those who use our scenarios together our freeware esceanrios (SCFA and SCSE).

Thanks.

Archived