Using VATSIM: I cannot communicate with ATC correctly

Flathead

In VATSIM, 10/10/17

From other Forums, I have adhered to the Mouse Drift Problem directions with the following actions:
START -> Control Panel - > Mouse Properties -> Pointer Options - > Hide pointer while typing (Unchecked)
This has cured my Mouse Drift Problem, but I have another more important problem at hand.

SYSTEM: Running 3 monitors, Intel i7 CPU, 930 @ 2.80 GHz, RAM 12.0 GB, 64-bit OS, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960, Windows 7 Pro
FLT SIMS: P3Dv4 & FSX SE
My flight sim program demands that the mouse come back to the flight at hand even after I try to access another program on another monitor.
This limits me from texting and/or speaking with VATSIM ATC. I can only quickly type three characters at a time of my text for position reports or speaking quickly while live with the area ATC. Speaking to ATC and Checking-In – I barely get three seconds to report after pressing firmly pressing my designated key for the correct communications channel when the P3Dv4 and/or FSX SE are in use. I must come across ‘broken’ to ATC but really the flight sim program draws me back into the flight in progress and out of the comms.
What am I doing wrong?
Thanks for your time!

11/10/17

Don, stupid question but have you got "Pause on task switch" unchecked in the Options/settings/general menu?

11/10/17

Hey Roger
I remember a Professor some years back saying, no 'stupid question(s)', I agree.
'Pause on Task Switch' was not checked.
Thanks for the reminder!
Don

11/10/17

What is the priority in task manager? If it is the top level then it may be forcing you back into the program.

Cheers,

12/10/17

Hey Andrew
I am ignorant about ..."the priority in task manager?".
How does one go about setting the priority for the Task Manager?
Thank you for your response, Sir!
Don

13/10/17

Just to throw more gas on the fire. Consider opening vPilot as an Administrator.

19/10/17

I still have a major problem with coherent communications with VATSIM ATC and I really need help trying to solve my dilemma.
After talking with some of the guys that I fly with often, they also have come up blank as to the resolution(s) of my problem. They have in their wisdom suggested that the Flight Sim (FSX SE and P3D4.1) program that I am flying at the time demands that the cursor be present and active all of the time in that program.
I have implemented all of the previous suggestions and recommendations offered but I still have this problem(s). I sincerely welcome any of your thoughts and hints.

27/10/17

Do FSX SE and/or P3Dv4.1 have (a) keystroke(s) that demand the cursor at all times while flying? I guess I will continue to avoid any ATC that come alive in my area so that I can continue to fly on VATSIM.
Thanks for any help!
Don

27/10/17

No, neither program requires the cursor be active on that program. Your best bet is to ensure:
1. Pause on task switch is NOT selected
2. Run your simulator as an administrator
3. Run your client as an administrator

28/10/17Thank You, Don
"1. Pause on task switch is NOT selected
2. Run your simulator as an administrator
3. Run your client as an administrator"

1. Check
2. Check
3. Investigating

I will update after learning more about running client as an administrator (Unknown).

I was wondering if my keyboard was inadvertently hit with a combination of unintentional keystrokes that would cause my problem(s). Additionally, I was wondering if I reduced the monitors from three to two monitors thereby eliminating components one-by-one until it is hopefully back to normal. I can then talk with any VATSIM ATC without continual interruptions.

Thanks for the help!
Don

28/10/17

Hi Don,
If you have Windows User Access Control enabled, you can right click the program icon and Run As Administrator.
I doubt your monitors would have anything to do with it.

1/23/18

Well, I still have my problems!  I did download and install a fresh copy of Flight Sim Commander v9.7 yesterday and found that I cannot use vPilot to communicate with ATC and text to my friends while using FSC.  So, I configure the flight plan and set-up my FSC as though I would 'connect to FS', but I do not and only use it to see others on VATSIM and note my FP on the map.

Does anyone have a suggestion as to what changed with the way I flew four months ago with no problems and now with my current problems?

Thank you for your time!

Don Smith

Don,

Can you confirm that you're running your pilot client (Vpilot?) set to run "As Admin"?  This is a common issue and in every case I'm aware of this resolved it.  See THIS is you need assistance with setting a program to run As Admin.

Best wishes.

Mathijs

I was wondering if I typed some special keystroke or combination of keystrokes that would cause this issue to start about 3 months ago.  My flying previously was always uneventful and quite pleasant before this happened.  Thank you, Sir!

Dave

I can confirm that I run all programs 'As Admin' in Windows 7 and thank you for your input, Sir!

Don
Thank you for your input, Sir. I run all of my programs "As Admin".

A truck driving preacher from Alabama has just now, hopefully solved my more than 5 months problem. It was as simple as "ticking/unticking" a box the Flight Sim Commander. He told me to go to upper left corner of Menu: MAP - Aircraft on Map and make sure that the box was unticked. I will test further while flying in an ATC controlled area on VATSIM and report back. I am very happy with this prospect.

Thank you for your suggestions and input!
Don Smith

Hi Don,

I hope I understand your problem right.

Please check in FSC_Window_Option if you switch on the option "Focus back to Flight Simulator".

If not FSC will be always in foreground and you are not able to make inputs in other programs.

To see other traffic (VATSIM) in FSC you need FSUIPC. 

From the Manual:

You also need a shareware version of Peter Dowson's latest fsuipc for connecting to FS 2004 and fsuipc4 for connection with FS X or Prepar3D V1/V2.
For details check Peter's homepage at www.schiratti.com.

If you own the FSCommander Version distributed by Aerosoft, fsuipc is included.

MAP - Aircraft on Map should be active to see yourself  and other traffic on the map.

Keep in mind that you should set the internal FSX or P3D Airline-traffic-slider to zero or you will see in FSC that addionally traffic too.

That can cause some confusions if you see online and internal traffic at the same time.

Regards, Wolfgang

Please login to display this image.

Archived