Just a few notes on P3D V4 Release

peter197

Hi All,

Was so pleased to be able to fly the fantastic F-14X release again, and in a lot of regards is a significant improvement over what I remember it to be.

Frames are up from 30 -35 now to 40 - 50(on a 4K monitor now!), and everything seems to work. I really like as well the new throttle sounds for moving in and out of afterburner and closing the throttles.

These aspects are very minor but it would be good to verify that I'm not alone on this:

1. When I press shift + 8 the sim closes abruptly. I will check this again to make sure it is not an isolated case however.

2. In the FSUIPC lua for parameters 283 and 284, the PDF file lists them the wrong way around. I can't remember exactly but ATTK and AC STAB parameter numbers are the wrong way around.

3. Can't seem to disable engine smoke, which on the ground really drops the frames.

4. After a real hunt I found the newest manuals. I'm sure it's deliberate that the F-14X files are outside of the P3D V4 folder, but it is slightly confusing that in order to find the manuals you have to go to the following directory(at least in my case): C:\Myaddons\aerosoft\F-14 Extended\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft F14A Pre86

It may be best if the Documentation is placed somewhere like 'My Documents' or in the Aerosoft folder in the P3D directory. Alternatively, the manuals on the forum and product page could do with being replaced with the most recent ones.

These are all very minor points and in no way am I intending to be detrimental to the product as I sincerely enjoy it, but just want to bring these things to light.

Kind Regards,

Peter

6 hours ago, Fabian Boulegue said:

Hey 

on Point 4) 

This is the folder you selected for the installation right?
We put all the addon related stuff there "now"

That's no problem and I have no issue with that, it just seems confusing to have the manuals in the 'simobjects' folders of all places.

Hello Peter,

Answers to your questions:

1. No idea on this, I have not experienced this before

2.  Okay, it's changed in the manuals for the next time they are uploaded

3. If I can remember correctly, sometimes is takes a sim restart for the smoke effects to turn off. I've always flown with them off (for the same reason on the ground).

4. The SimObjects directory is the back-up location of the manuals, since people are bound to be in there is adding a livery. The main location of the manuals should be in Prepar3D main/ecosystem/Aerosoft, additionally there should be a shortcut to the manuals in the Windows start menu under "Aerosoft F-14" along with the link to the IP config for shared cockpit. From what I understand the ecosystem directory is the common location for all Aerosoft's manuals in Prepar3Dv4.

Just to confirm what is happening to Peter, I have the same problem with Shift+8. The sim either freezes or has a CTD when I press this key combo.

Cheers,

John

Wait, that actually makes sense, I had the 2D windows flipped in my head. [Shift+8] is the FLIR window for TacPack.....it must not be Prepar3D compatible. Will disable that panel in a future update.

Archived