FMS, cause of most of my CTD's

Since about first week of December, I have hardly bothered with using the CRJ as I am fed up of all the CTD's that completely ruin it. But, all the CTD's usually happen when I am using the FMS. When using the FMS, I tread warily and minimize its use. One of the things I watch out for is, if I press an LSK or an RSK and nothing happens, or something unexpected happens, then, I do not repeat what I did or press any other key as it can result in an CTD. I find it better to change the page on the FMS and do something else with it, then go back to what I was doing and that stops a possible CTD. One of the things, I have noted in the past and experimented with yesterday is the "DIR INTC" page. If I click on any of the LSK or RSK keys numbered 2-6, its an instant CTD which tells me that when pressed, they look for something as they have been programmed to do so despite no option or menu next to the key. Also any page on the FMS, that has a LSK or RSK with no menu/option to its left or right may cause a CTD, but if it does not, a few clicks on other keys and go back to it will CTD. If a simple plan is put into the FMS, and then go into the "DIR INTC" page, once again all the keys previously mentioned will CTD, except LSK 2 and despite no option next to it, will create a message "Not Found", so it stands to reason it is looking for something in the programming despite nothing showing in the space next to the key as to what it should be doing if you press it.

It seems to be,  the "keys" are not deactivated in the programming to not do anything if no option exists for them but there is something in the programming that does tell them to do something but is not complete which then causes a CTD. The LSK's seem to cause most CTD's overall.

I somehow have a feeling, that this issue, effects a lot of other users but blame it on something else in the FMS when in fact, its down to an issue of programming of the LSK and RSK keys doing their own thing.

Hope all this makes sense

WIN 10

FSX

CRJ 1.030

58 views so far and nobody else reporting they have same issue's. This post can be read now that it is only me with this issue. Without an overall picture forming, it makes it hard for developers to find and fix issues to remove bugs etc leading to CTD's which means the flaws in CRJ could take a long time to sort out with users only slowly coming forward with issues. And if it does not happen, CRJ will never be the excellent program that it should be.

• 4 weeks later...

Really? I have read through all the threads and very few comments on the FMS being the main cause of crashes and you will find that a lot of people have reported similar after I posted this and previous to this, no one has posted anything as detailed as what I have found regarding DIR INTC. And looking through your own posts you have not even mentioned anything about them as such or to even contribute anything of use regaarding the FMS.   SSU

Archived