How do I update the B777?

I've jus spent the last hour trying to update the Worldliner B777 to the latest update 1.9.11.

Support forum says to do it via the 'customer account' page. If someone can tell me where that is I'd be very grateful because I can't bloody find it. I'm signed in but there is no option regarding updates or anything obvious. I then tried to update via the java file in the actual aircraft folder and while it said it installed correctly I still get the 'update now' message when flying around.

• Administrator

Hello,

if you have purchased with Aerosoft , then you find the Update (it is a fullversion) with your shop account.

This is here: https://www.aerosoft.com/en/xplane/ Top line "My Account".

Use the same login data as you used during the purchase with our shop.

Logged in you find a button "instant downloads".

There you find your purchased Addon. It is the actual version. It is a fullversion!

If the message "there is a new version ......update  now" appears, look into the DOCs folder into your installed B777.

There you find a file changelog.txt. Open it and look if there is a versions text 1.9.11.

If it is so, please go into the main installed B777 folder and open the file version.ini with a small editor.

May be you find the wrong version 1.9.9 there.

Then please change patch = 9 into patch = 11.

Then save the file version.ini.

So the message shall disappear.

I will send an info to the developers/productmanagers for this problem.

Greets  Heinz

vor 17 Stunden , Heinz Flichtbeil sagte:

Hello,

if you have purchased with Aerosoft , then you find the Update (it is a fullversion) with your shop account.

This is here: https://www.aerosoft.com/en/xplane/ Top line "My Account".

Use the same login data as you used during the purchase with our shop.

Logged in you find a button "instant downloads".

There you find your purchased Addon. It is the actual version. It is a fullversion!

If the message "there is a new version ......update  now" appears, look into the DOCs folder into your installed B777.

There you find a file changelog.txt. Open it and look if there is a versions text 1.9.11.

If it is so, please go into the main installed B777 folder and open the file version.ini with a small editor.

May be you find the wrong version 1.9.9 there.

Then please change patch = 9 into patch = 11.

Then save the file version.ini.

So the message shall disappear.

I will send an info to the developers/productmanagers for this problem.

Greets  Heinz

Thanks Heinz,

Thinking about it I believe I bought via X-plane.org so thats probably why my forum login details don't get me into an account page. It keeps saying error. Obviously my mistake.

Regarding the actual issue with the B777 I did see the .ini file show 1.9.9 but I wasn't sure if i should change it. I haven't done it yet but I will update the file to 11. I do note however that the load screen for the B777 does show the correct version number so I believe Im using the updated model its just the update message doesnt get the message haha.

Thanks again.

• 2 months later...

Hi Heinz, 

I have just downloaded V1.9.12 from the customer download shop and installed and am experiencing the same as above. 

If i follow your steps above the Change log itself only goes to 1.9.9. The version777.txt in the aircraft directory is 010912 and the version.ini is 

[version]
major = 1
minor = 9
patch = 9

Can you confirm the version that is on the website for X-plane 10 is actually 1.9.12 ? 

Thank you 

Shannon 

vor 2 Stunden , ShannonY sagte:

The version777.txt in the aircraft directory is 010912

This is the significant part, confirming that it's indeed 1.9.12. The changelog itself is not always updated.

Thanks for the reply, 

Even if i go and change the version manually in the .ini file the system still advises it is not current, when i click on the 777 menu the graphic also still has 1.9.9. 

It still does not look as though it is 1.9.12 ? 

Thank you

Shannon 

Update, 

I can confirm that the X-plane 10 Download is actually 1.9.9, However i have downloaded the version for X-plane 11 and it has a 10 .acf file which is working for 1.9.12. 

So if you want to update to 1.9.12 on X-plane 10 use the 11 link ... Confusing :)

Thanks

Shannon 

Archived