Switzerland Proffesional X Stutters

peter131176

• Deputy Sheriffs

Despite the fact that you have during the purchase accepted that there is no refund, you should look at your settings. I'm running Swiss Pro on a meanwhile 8 years old system with tons of other addons and get in dense areas e.g. Zurich between 15 and 25 fps depending on the aircraft.

If we know your system specs and can see screenshot of your settings in P3D we might be able to help you.

Windows 10x64 32GB RAM GTX 1070 DUAL i7 7700K SSD for Windows and another SSD for P3D, all ORBX terrain and FTX and a LOT of airports. 

Please login to display this image.

you could try the following:

Inside the CHPROX\CHPROX_scen\scenery folder try removing all the BGL files with "PointLights" and "RestPointLights". Put them somewhere else just to have them as backup.

As far as I know they make the 3d night lighting but are not compatible with P3D. Maybe the lights are the cause of your stutters.

It is just a guess, but worth a try.

Cheers, Chris

• 2 months later...

Hi there,

Same problem here since I've purchased Switzerland Pro X.

I thought upgrading to the new Switzerland professional (P3D V4) will solve the stutters but unfortunately it does not.

Lot of $ spent for nothing actually, as this addon is barely flyable with P3D, when it was perfectly flawless for FSX.

Even with the default ugly settings and a GTX1080 the sim pauses for long seconds.

Removing the light BGL does help a bit actually, thanks for the tip Chris, but not completely (less but still stutters) and it means no night lighting which is barely acceptable for a scenery of this price.

Why paying for a special P3D V4 upgrade when the product is not compatible?

• Aerosoft

Are you sure that your hardware is according to the requirements?

Note that a 8Gb graphics card is required. Your report seems to suggest your hardware does not match this and thus what you report is more or less what we would expect.

I have also problems with stutters, and my system is better than what Mathijs Kok suggested.  And I do not know, where the program was installed. There is no switerland X file to be found in my prepar3d version 4 directory. There is also no uninstaller to be seen. The only documents which are delivered are for fs2004 and FSX!!! Sorry, this is absolutely a no go.Who is the manager who has checked this program?

Best regards

Vickers Viking

I have found the files in in ecosytem directory and will now uninstall this programm. I still can not accept, that a new version for prepar3d version 4 is offered and the documentation is only for FS2004 and FSX!!! Sorry aerosoft, this is not fair!! Thank god, I only had to pay the upgrade!! 

• Aerosoft
11 hours ago, Vickers Viking said:

I have also problems with stutters, and my system is better than what Mathijs Kok suggested.  And I do not know, where the program was installed. There is no switerland X file to be found in my prepar3d version 4 directory. There is also no uninstaller to be seen. The only documents which are delivered are for fs2004 and FSX!!! Sorry, this is absolutely a no go.Who is the manager who has checked this program?

Best regards

Vickers Viking

What graphics card do you have?

Some thoughts:

- Switzerland Professional X is now an absolutely outdated product. I bought it shortly after release years ago and it served me well in FSX days and also in P3Dv3.x (although officially never supported).

- All this P3Dv4 "update" propbably did was modifying some points of interest to be P3Dv4 compatible and a new installer. As mentioned before, the old version of CH PRO X works in P3Dv4 if you know how to install it.

- the whole story of CH PRO X are the aerial images from the "Landestopographie", means: it is a photoground scenery with custom 3D autogen and POI. The aerial Images are from around 2004 - 2006, and the updated version still uses those over 10 years old photo textures.

- The requirement of a 8GB video card and the implication that the stutters or other issues are due to insufficient vRAM is simply... well, I do not know what to say. Just remember: the original CH PRO X was for FSX and computers in 2006 (maybe one, two years later). Seriously, no 8GB video cards were available at that time... And as mentioned, the "old" CH PRO X version worked on my rig over the years WITHOUT a 8GB video card...

Now to the issue: I always had stuttering Problems with CH PRO X in Prepar3d. Around LSZH, the stutters were extremely prominent and that was the reason I finally abandoned this product (not the "updated" one of course). Now, without CH PRO X, I can finally fly again without stutters in Switzerland. Thanks to a good mesh, many regional airports (Belp, Grenchen, Zurich, Geneva, Saanen etc.), FTX Vector, FTX Global and a more or less useable Landclass (from SceneryTech), it even does not look that bad.

I know, this does not help. The only advice I can give to reduce stutters: as it is basically a photoground scenery, you have to configure your sim accordingly. I never found a single setup that worked good with CH PRO X and all other sceneries I had. Always the one or the other.

To start with, you can try to modify your config. Simply reduce your

[SCENERY]
MaxRegionsPurgePerFrame=xx

down to

[SCENERY]
MaxRegionsPurgePerFrame=1

And see if this helps to get rid of the long stutters. Besides that, also playing around with the FFTF value might help (then you have to limit the FPS inisde P3D, otherwise FFTF will be ineffective). But that's basically it, it turned out that at least on my rig, all other "tweaks" of the prepar3d.cfg had no or only minor effects so I rather kept them out of my config.

• Aerosoft
2 hours ago, Querer said:

- The requirement of a 8GB video card and the implication that the stutters or other issues are due to insufficient vRAM is simply... well, I do not know what to say. Just remember: the original CH PRO X was for FSX and computers in 2006 (maybe one, two years later). Seriously, no 8GB video cards were available at that time... And as mentioned, the "old" CH PRO X version worked on my rig over the years WITHOUT a 8GB video card...

Well if you believe the graphics engine used in P3D v4 is the same as FS2004 you would have a point. But of course that is not the fact. P3d V4 buffers as much as possible in VRAM where FS2004 never buffered much, what was send to the card was shown. Everybody why has looked at how much VRAM P3d V4 uses and how much that affects performance understands that VRAM is of great importance.

This product requires the same amount of VRAM as Lockheed advises for P3D v4. I do not understand why you find that not fitting and I understand even less why you compare VRAM use in FS2004 to that of P3D v4.

Well, Mathijs I believe a GTX 1080 Ti with 11 Gb memory is still decent, right?

And 128 Gigs RAM coupled with a watercooled i9 shouldn't be an issue?

No, seriously, everything have been said and I regret the money I've spent on this addon for P3D, and much more now that I have paid for a useless upgrade.

The lack of compatibility for a so called "V4.xx" version, the very poor improvements and the lack of documentation for such an expensive and old product are sincerely surprising me from Aerosoft.

Hi,

i have a gigybyte 1080 card with 8GB,

Mathis: surely you are not the  publisher. But I please keep in mind:

Prepard3d says for version 4: minimum VRAM 2 GB, recommend 8GB+!

So, as a pro you should know, that something is wrong with this new version when it needs at least 8GB, and this seems to be not even enough!!   

And it is only your decision to advertise this new version when your customers  just enter your homepage!!!! That is the problem your customers have now!!   

Best regards

Peter Hecht

Archived