Throttle sensibility

• Developer

We already did a while ago.

There is a fixed value range that a joystick or throttle quadrant sends to FSX/P3D. It goes from 0 to 16383 - that's the range that the CRJ uses. It all depends on how far you can move the slider on your joystick or the lever on your TQ. Some (for example Thrustmaster T16000M and Thrustmaster FCS) have a very small range, so the slightest movement of the slider causes a big change in the output value. I personally found the use of F2 and F3 keys to be more useful at cruise level than my Thrustmaster T16000M.

Btw: You should try to fly other add-on aircraft without using autothrottle. You will notice exactly the same problem.

If you are using a fully registered version of FSuipc, you can go to the Joystick Calibration tab, besides each control, you will find a small box labelled 'Slope'. This helps to define a response to control inputs. I recommend experimenting with the response curve to find your desired effect. The other thing to remember is that hardware throttles are not are robust as you may think. They can often show your software throttle moving or twitching while the hardware is sat still, this is due to the fact that the potentiometers can become dirty or degraded causing phantom movements.

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you very much...I use a T16000M  in fact, but on a GA plane the variation is not a big problem; on big planes the problem is more big.

I try to set up FSUIPC with a slope, but I think that best solution will be to have a saitek Thr quadrant or similar.

Archived