F-14 Extended (v3)

jcagle

• Aerosoft

Gents, we are very sorry for this but all shops are automatically notified of these new files. When they insert them in their shop is out of our control. We always try to do that in 24 hours. We always advise you to buy your product directly at the publisher (or developer) that way you always avoid these things.

Thank you Mr. Mathijs for your quick reply!

I've checked it already now.  For sorry, still the old version 2.02 available.  So, I've emailed them (Flightsimstore) regarding this issue - hoping for things will become fine.

Best regards to all of you.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 13-2-2018 at 12:55 AM, Schröder said:

Hi captains!

Is the Tomcat compatible with V4.2?

Rock on,

Bernd

I don's believe it is compatible.

Bought the F-14 yesterday and however the installer is running without any errors the F-14 does not show up in the vehicle list in Prepar3D v4.2.

I checked the C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\SimObjects\Airplanes folder and after installation the F-14 does not show up in this folder.

Don't know yet in which folder its is installed.

Hope to find a solution soon.

Harald

• 2 weeks later...
On 10-3-2018 at 11:46 AM, Harald777 said:

I don's believe it is compatible.

Bought the F-14 yesterday and however the installer is running without any errors the F-14 does not show up in the vehicle list in Prepar3D v4.2.

I checked the C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\SimObjects\Airplanes folder and after installation the F-14 does not show up in this folder.

Don't know yet in which folder its is installed.

Hope to find a solution soon.

Harald

Correction, it is compatible with Prepar3D v4.2.

Had a problem with duplicated Documents folder on my Windows 10.

Corrected that problem and know all working fine.

• 2 months later...

Well it only took me 6 months, but I'm now turning and burning with my Tomcat in P3Dv4.2! Just like I remember in FSX, the model is amazing in the new sim, plus a new faster cpu helps to run it. I am still trying to move repaints over from my old machine.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Hi, I apologize if this issue has been answered previously, but I am having issues with throttles not working at all in Prepar3d v4.3, using TM Warthog HOTAS. I can manipulate them (throttle) individually by hooking with the mouse, but unable to work them with throttle quadrant. I have tried everything within the control options and they operate fine with all other aircraft and when calibrating. I am sure there is something basic I have overlooked. I do have FSUIPC5 but have not used it yet and did not use it prior. I have made no changes to my setup; just tried to fly around the boat yesterday and no response. Please help! Thanks!

• 5 months later...

Just purchased the F14X over at Simshack and there are two downloads to choose from....

Download version purchased

Download latest version

I downloaded both but I'm not seeing one with P3Dv3 choice.

When running the latest version it only offers P3Dv4. When running the other installer....FSX or FSX:SE are the only 2 choices in the installer

I'm running P3Dv3.4.22.19868

• 1 month later...
  • Deputy Sheriffs

And what exactly is the problem? The summary page shows that it will be installed into P3Dv3.

BTW, I edited your picture for privacy reasons. You should not make your private adress public. ;)

8 hours ago, mopperle said:

And what exactly is the problem? The summary page shows that it will be installed into P3Dv3.

BTW, I edited your picture for privacy reasons. You should not make your private address public. ;)

Any repaints added do not show up within P3D when selected and they also fail to run. I'm certain they were added correctly including the Aircraft.cfg entry and ordering. Looking in the SimObjects folder within P3D root and there is no F-14 entry whatsoever. No files were added within the root folder of P3D.

I did not have this issue with the previous 2.02 version.

This is with a clean P3D3.4.22.19868 install. I had this issue just prior to uninstalling P3D as well. My previous try (prior to clean P3D install) I had pointed the installer to E: Prepar3D v3

After install it created an F-14 Extended folder within the root P3D folder and in it were all the aircraft folders/files.

Any update?

It's odd that after install all the default ones show but any repaints added do not.

An F14 Extended folder was created in the root P3Dv3 folder (E:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3) and in it are all the perspective folders.

Took another shot at installing this to a different location....

Installed to.... E:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\SimObjects\Airplanes\F-14 Extended

Once installed the F14 Extended folder contained folders....

Aerosoft

Effects

Fonts

Gauges

SimObjects

Texture

and within them all their prospective folders/files. So clearly this installer is not installing folders/files correctly.

• 1 month later...

If you accept all the defaults after the choice of sim version, you'll probably find that (for P3D users) it will have been installed under:

c:\users\<yourname>\documents\Prepar3D vX Add-ons\F-14 Extended

You'll find all the files and folders you're looking for in there.

Dave

• 2 months later...
On 6/21/2019 at 1:55 AM, dhazelgrove said:

If you accept all the defaults after the choice of sim version, you'll probably find that (for P3D users) it will have been installed under:

c:\users\<yourname>\documents\Prepar3D vX Add-ons\F-14 Extended

You'll find all the files and folders you're looking for in there.

Dave

Any particular reason why repaints wont work but default aircraft work fine?

14 hours ago, 72westy said:

Any particular reason why repaints wont work but default aircraft work fine?

There are many reasons:

A duplicate title? A mismatched sim entry? A typo in the texture name? Correct fltsim number entry?

What happens when you select the particular repaint? Is it selectable in the first place? Does it preview properly?

Some details would help.

Dave

38 minutes ago, dhazelgrove said:

There are many reasons:

A duplicate title? A mismatched sim entry? A typo in the texture name? Correct fltsim number entry?

What happens when you select the particular repaint? Is it selectable in the first place? Does it preview properly?

Some details would help.

Dave

It does not preview in the window and does not show once started on runway. I'm absolutely certain they were installed correctly. These repaints were from Groom Lake Simulations for the F-14. If I revert to the previous 2.02 version Tomcat any repaints added work perfectly.

Repaints from here....

https://groomlakesimulations.wixsite.com/groomlake?fbclid=IwAR21-zTDyx5o7PyIA2Uth78v7soWnZ4INYL6iV2Ixac7wiVRUYxsTI-Eyno

I'm told that a change in the .cfg is needed for them to work.

They work if added to version 2.02 of the Tomcat in P3Dv3.4.22.19868 but if added to the newer version F-14 (3.00) they do not. What's changed with version 3.00 in that aspect?

Please login to display this image.

Right. I had a look at your Groom Lake repaints. They're the work of a true artist, and deserve success -- so:

I'm running P3Dv 4.5.12.30293 under Windows 10 and the F-14v3.

I chose the VF-142 Ghostriders repaint and downloaded it. I then installed it into my 'post-86' folder and changed the fltsim entry -- as here:

[fltsim.X]
title=F14A, VF-142 Ghostriders
sim=Aerosoft F-14A P3D
model=110.NoMirror
panel=110
sound=
texture=VF-142.161417
kb_checklists=
atc_id=205
atc_airline=NAVY
atc_flight_number=205
ui_manufacturer="Grumman"
ui_type="F-14A Block 110"
ui_variation="VF-142 Ghostriders 205"
ui_typerole= "Naval"
ui_createdby= "Groom Lakes Simulations" 

Please note the 'title=',  'sim=' and 'model=' lines have been modified.

You can see the results above.

Dave

Archived