F-14 Extended (v3)

jcagle

It's time to Call the Ball for the F-14 Extended v3, and before release we wanted to set out appropriate expectations for the updated package:

Important Notes

- The update is free for all existing owners of the F-14 Extended

- The file structure has been redesigned for the newest versions of Prepar3D, and is only available for P3D v3 and v4

- In single seat option, the package is fully compatible with TacPack (P3Dv4) out of the box, Kitty Hawk and all. Special thanks to VRS for working so quickly to make this happen

Shared Cockpit

- Shared cockpit is the major new feature of the F-14 Extended v3 (aside from P3Dv4 compatibility), and special thanks to Jon Bleeker at MilViz for making this a reality

- Please read the attached instructions below or your first hop as a RIO will likely have connection issues

- Shared cockpit is mostly compatible with TacPack. All major functions work, but both the Pilot and RIO have separate payloads. We are working with VRS to try and find a solution

- The F-14 uses many custom variables, and we tried to 'accident' proof the cockpit as much as possible, but it is not prankster proof. E.g., It is not possible for the RIO to operate the flaps, throttles, etc. It is possible for the RIO to use the mouse to flip switches in the front seat.

Setup Note - Shared Cockpit.pdf

Improvements

- All models of the F-14 recompiled in P3Dv4 native format

- Aircraft exterior lighting has been improved to not only be more authentic in color and signal, but to also make use of light cast available in P3Dv4 (image below)

- GPS track (patch of dirt)  for the LANTIRN has been reworked such that all inputs are ground relative rather than aircraft relative. This should make inputs from the RIO stick more controlled and precise

- Subtle improvements for the TCS system, particularly in the PLM radar mode

- Almost all of the controls had to be split and sorted to handle the implementation of shared cockpit; improvements (to single player operation) were made when possible. This was mainly in consistency of control input and custom sounds.

Image: New exterior lights with light cast

Please login to display this image.

Limitations

We have tried to make improvements on the Kitty Hawk's FLOLS lights, however, the issue appears to be in the way P3D renders light effects. As the ship is further and further away from the F-14, the visual model of the FLOLS board is rendered as being physically in-front of the light effects (image below). This can be overcome to some extent by offsetting the position of the effects, however, at some distance the board always obstructs the light effect. We have supplied a selection of effects so you can choose the offset that fits your flying style:

0.2nm visibility - Light effects true to light bulbs

0.4nm visibility - Light effects offset 2ft from bulbs

0.7nm visibility - Light effects offset 5ft from bulbs

1.1nm visibility - Light effects offset 10ft from bulbs

- The lights are located in the Main F-14 installation under Aerosoft F-14 Extended\Aerosoft\F-14A\Alt FLOLS Lights

- To install, copy/paste the desired effects into the Aerosoft F-14 Extended\Aerosoft directory

Image: As the F-14 is further and further from the carrier, the visual model of the FLOLS board will eventually be rendered in front of the light effects

• jcagle pinned this topic

For what it's worth I can understand where the confusion is coming from... As when I go to my order / download page it still reflects v 2.02 as being the version purchased / available... I am hoping by the file dates reflected 19.01.2018 that it is the v 3 and am re-downloading now to see if it is...?

3 hours ago, Magic Yankee said:

Hi ! :)

If i understand the Tomcat in the store can run with P3Dv4 ? Because I still have not bought this product (I did not have one of the previous P3D versions)

yes, p3dv4 is supported.

On 1/19/2018 at 7:22 AM, Mathijs Kok said:

Just download the new installer from the order history page.

I bought the Original boxed version, from Aerosoft (pre-order) theres no indication on my history. 

when i "add product" and enter my serial number I get a "entered key is not valid" message

i emailed info@aerosoft.com fri jan 19th and still waiting for a reply back

I bought this aircraft from The FlightSim Store and not Aerosofts store do I still qualify for the updated version.  The file that's in my account is still version 2.02.

• Deputy Sheriffs
6 minutes ago, Duffy said:

I bought this aircraft from The FlightSim Store and not Aerosofts store do I still qualify for the updated version.  The file that's in my account is still version 2.02.

I'm sure that they will make it available soon in their shop

20 hours ago, skunk160 said:

I bought the Original boxed version, from Aerosoft (pre-order) theres no indication on my history. 

when i "add product" and enter my serial number I get a "entered key is not valid" message

i emailed info@aerosoft.com fri jan 19th and still waiting for a reply back

All sorted and downloaded, thank you!!

vor 23 Stunden , Duffy sagte:

Me too !!!!: Right  now I took a quick look at Flightsimstore and there is ONLY Aerosoft F-14 v.2.02 still available on my account.

VERY ANNOYING and UPSETTING !!!! 

Because since DAYS i try to grab the new version (64 bit compatible) from my Flightsimstore account.  I even have downloaded the previous version twice again and tried to install it (because I've thought that maybe the installer is new at least and will show up Prepar3D 4 in menu options) - but no luck - THERE IS STILL ONLY THE OLD VERSION 2.02 AVAILABLE, and the installer shows up till Prepar3D v3 only.

So: How long does it take till the new version 3 (for P3Dv4) will reach Australia and will be available for its worldwide customers?  Release was on 12th Jannuary, today we have the 24th Jannuary (Middle Europe/Germany). 

Once again: I've legally purchased the previous version oft the F-14 on Flightsimstore, and according to your several announcements it should be available for update already.  So: what the h... is going on here ????

Archived