Changing the HGS clickspot

Tivec

Hello, I just picked up this aircraft and am currently in the process of learning the systems. However, one thing that really annoys me is the placement of the HGS click spot in the middle of the forward windscreen. I use ChasePlane as my camera addon, and as such I use the mouse wheel to pan and zoom. This obviously triggers the HGS every time I accidentally scroll when mousing over that particular area.

I tried editing the panel file, but the only thing I accomplished was to remove the HUD completely, and that's not what I want at all. I'm fine with using the click spot up on the overhead to bring down the HGS..

Any help is appreciated.

It does not feel logical to me in any way - for me the logical click spot for the HGS is up where it is situated on the overhead panel, that's where the handle is for the actual HGS isn't it? Clicking in the middle of the windscreen straight ahead feels very odd to me. Let me illustrate what I mean.

This feels very logical for me:

Please login to display this image.

But clicking in the front of the windshield when the HGS isn't even down and in use feels very awkward and weird:

When it is extended, this is an alright spot for stowing it, though having it as a click spot in the view where people operate ChasePlane etc is still a bit weird..

In my opinion, the way that it was done in the Q400, where you click the handle to extend or stow the HGS feels proper: 

I've also recorded a typical ChasePlane operation, where I pan and zoom a bit: http://i.tivec.org/2018-01-10_12-24-48.mp4

So yeah, I have to say I disagree - it doesn't feel very logical, and is mostly causing annoyance... Being able to disable that particular clickspot - either via a panel.cfg edit or as an option in DAVE, would be really appreciated.

I would have to agree with him, as I sometimes click back into the sim and suddenly open the HGS even tho my mouse is no where near the actual model of it. Quite annoying when checking a chart on approach and needing to come back into the sim to have to do one more extra task of closing it since when i clicked back in it popped down.

Oh my gosh, thank you! I thought I was the only one bugged by this. As a multi-monitor user that does stuff on the second monitor like flight planning, charts, chatting to friends, then clicking back to the sim, etc etc etc, this has been one of my biggest annoyances with the plane. I would love to see the clickspot changed.

I also support to change this.

Mathijs, I had created another topic "Disable HUD?" on the same topic and you replied I should check on an existing topic. I had checked this before I created the topic, but I was searching for HUD, not HGS. I even searched in the CRJ manual to verify that HUD is the proper term, and it appears once in it (Vol1, specifically). If you hadn't closed the topic so quickly, I would have posted this explanation in the other thread.

Peter

Archived