Sasa

Helgoland for Aerofly FS2 (released)

18 hours ago, Flyboy10 said:

Sasa, do the seagulls fly in the AFS2 version?

No.

Note that there are some limitations in the Aerofly FS2 version. Aerofly FS2 has stunning graphics and even better FPS but some features are simply not yet supported. To make up for that we have included a large area on the mainland with the EDXB airport.

Here's an extract from the manual explaining the differences in the Aerofly FS2 version:

screen01.jpg

screen02.jpg

Bests,

Sascha

hm no water and no dynamic lights :( I understand that this is because of the limitations of AF2.

I just wonder if Aerosoft would update the scenery, if IPACS would add new features (like water). 

Thanks Sasa,

The comparison table above answers almost all of my previous questions and I do understand that AFS2 is 

a young sim and is under constant development and improvement.

The added airport on the mainland is indeed a nice addition.  That airport, EXBD,  has a land based wind turbine farm nearby, are these wind mills animated and included in the bonus scenery?

Regards,

Ray

I would add that IPACS provides tools comparable to X-Plane to make your own basic scenery now. You will find them in the Aerofly Wiki under

http://www.aerofly.com/dokuwiki/

Look here for some of my own results (in German language)

http://www.flusi.info/forum/index.php?thread/6648-szeneriedesign-im-aeroflyfs2-jena/&postID=100967#post100967

This way, starting from an anchor scenery like Helgoland, you can expand the mainland area with some basic scenery. It certainly can't compete with a full-fledged scenery made by Sascha or Jarrad, but you can include aerial images, OSM-based cultivation, and even basic airports. 

Kind regards, Michael

On ‎1‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 7:16 PM, Sasa said:

A preliminary feature list:

• Extremly detailed scenery (most buildings)
  • 1 meter resolution mesh (so you see the smallest dunes near the airport)
  • Very good performance
  • Animated ship traffic
  • Animated ground traffic and more animations
  • Thousands of vegetation objects
  • Hundreds of beach chairs and facines along the beaches
  • Helgoland-Düne airfield (with extremely short runways)
  • SAR helicopter and offshore maintenance base
  • Mittleplatte oilrig
  • Offshore wind farms and 4 platforms with helipads between them.
  • Detailed aerial images
  • Extensive manual (German and English available)
  • Aerofly FS2 bonus: Free scenery and surrounding large coverage satellite imagery for EDXB-Büsum on the mainland!

Yes, I have been flying on the mainland a about a week now.  I added the user scenery for 3 airport areas both north and south of Heide and the bonus airport.  I also expanded the EDXB runway to about double its length and adjusted the scenery to match the expansion.  I am working on the island chain to the south now.  Even though most of the airports are rather short, it seems that each island has an airport plus the two on the mainland to the south.

Helgoland will be a nice introduction to Germany for the AFS2 users.

Regards,

Ray

20180204122323_1.jpg

20180203223537_1.jpg

airports.JPG

10 minutes ago, Flyboy1 said:

Yes, I have been flying on the mainland a about a week now.  I added the user scenery for 3 airport areas both north and south of Heide and the bonus airport.  I also expanded the EDXB runway to about double its length and adjusted the scenery to match the expansion.  I am working on the island chain to the south now.  Even though most of the airports are rather short, it seems that each island has an airport plus the two on the mainland to the south.

Helgoland will be a nice introduction to Germany for the AFS2 users.

Regards,

Ray

Given you can source free aerial images (e.g. some "Landesvermessungsämter" provide them as OpenData) it would be great if you could make this available as an accompanying download to be used with Helgoland.

13 hours ago, Flyboy10 said:

The added airport on the mainland is indeed a nice addition.  That airport, EXBD,  has a land based wind turbine farm nearby, are these wind mills animated and included in the bonus scenery?

Replace your "a" by "many" and add as reply = yes! :)

12 hours ago, pmb said:

Given you can source free aerial images (e.g. some "Landesvermessungsämter" provide them as OpenData) it would be great if you could make this available as an accompanying download to be used with Helgoland.

Unfortunately there's no highres open data imagery available for the coastal states in Germany (yet) so we had to make do with lower resolution Satellite imagery from the European Union. Still a lot better than what we see as default scenery in Aerofly FS2.

Bests,

Sascha

Should be pretty close but as this is our first Aerofly release we do take some time for testing.

6 hours ago, Sasa said:

Unfortunately there's no highres open data imagery available for the coastal states in Germany (yet) so we had to make do with lower resolution Satellite imagery from the European Union. Still a lot better than what we see as default scenery in Aerofly FS2.

Bests,

Sascha

After a search, I just realized that. I didn' know about the EU photos but will look for them. Certainly better than the default pixel soup indeed. 

Kind regards, Michael

11 hours ago, Sasa said:

Replace your "a" by "many" and add as reply = yes! :)

Bests,

Sascha

Thanks Sasa,

This is very good news indeed.  The lack of motion and lack of sounds in AFS2 is very noticeable so the windmill movement and the jogger will be welcomed.  I am curious to see how the animated ship traffic looks in the photo scenery water,  I keep looking for newer and more modern static aircraft in the scenery as the 3rd party developments market their new add ons.

Regards,

Ray

Any new screenshots to keep up occupied during the testing and completion? :o

Regards,

Ray

Sasa,

Is that another one of those "green airports" in this latest screenshot? @ 3 o'clock on the edge of the big circle. hmmm.

Regards,

Ray

lol Devon, i´m checking the forum regularly and i´m anxious :)

Here are some of my pics of Buesum. Can´t wait to fly there :)

A last checkflight on my system. It's really hard to bring Aerofly FS2 to its limits. Even flying fast and low and doing sharp turns doesn't cause FPS stutters on my 7 year old system. After decades of MS FS I'm not used to this kind of flying...

aerofly_fs_2_screenshot_12_20180212-091125.jpg

aerofly_fs_2_screenshot_42_20180212-091822.jpg

aerofly_fs_2_screenshot_52_20180212-092252.jpg

Thanks Sasa,

I am looking forward to flying in this area with this new scenery for AFS2.  I hope you add more AFS2 scenery in the future. 

Regards,

Ray

The performance of AF2 is really impressive... I have a gaming laptop with a GF965GTX and the IntelHD graphics 530. I get >100FPS wit the Nvidia chip. But it would even run on the intelHD chip (=25FPS). That´s very impressive for me. Of course Af2 lacks a lot but the performance for flying is there.

Many Thanks for the latest shots. I´m really looking forward to the release.