Anchorage Pro - Uneven water surface on Lake Hood

RALF9636

Using Anchorage Pro together with Orbx SAK I get a lot of "steps" on the water surface of Lake Hood, making it unusable for Floatplanes.

The lake is flat when SAK is disabled.

The SAK-option is activated of course.

• Developer
7 minutes ago, mopperle said:

Do you have Bathymetry turned on? I've see strange things with this

I don't think, that this is a reason for it, as flattenpolies should also flatten the see ground.

But, as in the other thread, the water poly of Orbx "lift" the lake up and overrole the Airportflatten, I expect that there is a waterflatten below the lake hood too, which is not on the correct level and now conflict with the afcad of Lake Hood on the correct lever. As there a "taxiways" in the lake to make AI waterplanes possible, they will lift the wrong waterclass flatten in same areas, so it get's total in uneven state.

We will check for the best solution tomorrow, as it could be reproduced by Thorsten of simwings.

I have bathymetry turned off.

And indeed it kind of looks like there is an elevated taxiway network on the lake.

It becomes apparent at a mesh setting of 10m and higher (=higher detail).

The visible uneven water surface on Lake Hood is fixed with 1.02.

But there still is a problem:

Around the western end of the island that separates the taxi lane from the takeoff / landing lane there are some spots where the floatplane gets stranded as if there was ground, not water. There are even two yellow-black taxiway markings on the lake, which probably is connected to this problem.

Archived