PFPX and CTD unter W10 v1709

I've just installed a fresh W10Pro on its own SSD (not partitioned) and implemented piece by piece my FSXA, again in a fresh install on a separate drive. In a parallel folder I've installed helper applications like weather (AS16 + Cloud Art) and others like TOPCAT and finally PFPX 1.28. Of course I implemented it as Admin and it runs with such privileges as well.

Everything looked good, it came up (navdata had been updated via Navigraph), but the moment I tried to plan a flight it crashed when hitting the "find" button - reproducible. After that I uninstalled the application and tried it again without updating the database before my first planning trial. Unfortunately the result was the same.

The Windows event log looks like this:

Please login to display this image.

System specs and all other requirements are more than met. The same version (still runs smoothly) under Win7Pro (system and program on different drives). I really need an idea where to look at. Of course I looked for the user rights, even if there should have been no restriction at all, and everything looks normal to me.

EDIT: I've just checked the log against one of those being produced during the first attempt yesterday and the only difference, besides the data section, is the doubled path entry today. I think I'll try uninstalling and cleaning the system afterwards before trying it the third time.

• Deputy Sheriffs
1 hour ago, FlyingAxx said:

I really need an idea where to look at.

For a start you can take a look into this topic of the list of pined topics in this forum:

2 hours ago, Tom A320 said:

For a start you can take a look into this topic of the list of pined topics in this forum:

Tom, actually I checked the installed version of (both) C++ 2015 Redistributables, being slightly newer than the ones that came with PFPX' installer. Unfortunately I can't say which application had dropped those files, however I usually try to check anything I'm installing whether it works or not. However, the only install that worked for me had been the latest 64bit package, unfortunately nothing changed.

The error log says, that PFPX.exe is causing the crash and nothing a bout missing files.

Furthermore everything seems to work, except the route "Find" function. When editing an existing route and running "Build" it doesn't crash, as well as after build the legs between manually given waypoints.

Even more strange: finding a route from WP to WP out of the context menu works well (I think in principle the same function as "Find"). However, it can't solve longer distances sufficiently as it seems.

After applying the latest hot fix the start-up screen looks <err> strange (I've cropped the screenshot):

Please login to display this image.

Both files mentioned in your topic 1 are not missed, neither appears NTDLL.DL  in Window's logs.

Finally the fix for .Net didn't dig out anything requiring a new installation. My attempt installing the latest version failed because it appeared to be already in place.

Any other ideas?

EDIT: Finally I uninstalled it again and used for my attempt the given standard path. Now it told me that I installed the application the third time within 18 Month on a different device which is definitely not the case. It had been always the same computer, but different locations (allright, my Win7 install exists parallel).

I think, it had been my final shot - for today.

EDIT2: I've just checked the difference in behaviour compared to Win7: The button "Find" was orange coloured before I attempted to hit it. That's not the case under Win 7.

10 hours ago, FlyingAxx said:

Tom, actually I checked the installed version of (both) C++ 2015 Redistributables, being slightly newer than the ones that came with PFPX' installer.

Did you actually try the version Tom linked to ?

Not all 2015 SP3 vcredist were equal, at least one version from Microsoft would cause errors.

You may also wish to try the 2017 vcredist that works here without issue also.

1 hour ago, srcooke said:

You may also wish to try the 2017 vcredist that works here without issue also.

Thanks for the hint Stephen, I'll try this first before changing the 2015 packages.

EDIT: The 64bit version did nothing, but the 2017 x86-package made it.

1 hour ago, srcooke said:

Did you actually try the version Tom linked to ?

Not all 2015 SP3 vcredist were equal, at least one version from Microsoft would cause errors.

If nothing works I'll swap the existent ones against those Tom linked to.

EDIT: No more necessary.

Thumbs up Stephen!!! Now I can uninstall PFPX again in order to place it where I want it to be.

Archived