FSX & P3DV4 COMPABILTY?

Eduard Gasull

My question is:

Can i have FSX and P3D V4 in the same computer? Can i Have AS16 for FSX & P3DV4 AT THE SAME TIME? Can I have the same addons installed for both sims? there is going to be any conflict? Thanks

The only thing you need to watch out for is that you keep the installed add-ons for both sims seperated from each other. With FSX and older P3D versions there was a trick of using the same installation for both sims, but you shouldn't do that with P3D v4. With some products it might work, but mostly the files for FSX are different from the files for P3D v4 even if it's the same product. Other than that it should work fine.

22 hours ago, Torkermax123 said:

I have P3DV4, FSX-se, Xp-11 all on the same computer, No problems, other than my own logistics.

19 hours ago, PatrickZ said:

The only thing you need to watch out for is that you keep the installed add-ons for both sims seperated from each other. With FSX and older P3D versions there was a trick of using the same installation for both sims, but you shouldn't do that with P3D v4. With some products it might work, but mostly the files for FSX are different from the files for P3D v4 even if it's the same product. Other than that it should work fine.

Thanks so much guys. One more question. If is t possible to install P3DV4 in with they addons in and other SSD than C/ ? 

Also keep in mind when there is something with your hard drive you will loss everything.

that why I have all versions on separate harddrives.  new harddisk cost less then days of installing especially

when more then one simulator installed.

• Developer
48 minutes ago, Eduard Gasull said:

Thanks so much guys. One more question. If is t possible to install P3DV4 in with they addons in and other SSD than C/ ? 

You can select the installation Path on any volume you have, as also you could do it with FSX (Microsoft, don't know the installer of FSX:SE), at the begin of the installation.

Only some small data (mostly cfg or index folder) are placed below Programdata or user folders on the system partition. 

It is recommanded to not use the default path Programfiles since FS9 and UAC controlled OS Versions, will always generates problems.

thanks @OPabst Yes i have installed  FSX in "FSX" outside folder. I just migration to prepar3D but i dont want to unistall my FSX sim, i mean i want to make a progress migration, becuase i still no have much addons for P3D and a lot of money spend in FSX, so i want to have both in the computer FSX in C and P3DV4 in a different SSD  So i can start use it but use FSX when i want to.

Archived