A319 Loadsheet issues- INIT Loadsheet in red

supera380

Hi,

I am looking for some help here.

I read through the MCDU2 sub forum regarding similar issues but to no avail. Did not solve my issue.

All of a sudden I ran into this issue when the Airbus had been working fine on the previous 4-5 flights I have performed. Problem is as follows:

Ran the Fuel Planner selecting the A319, selected various passengers and cargo, entered route details and generated the loadsheet. Autoload is checked. Exited the app.

Started up FSX Accel, loaded the same Air Berlin A319 aircraft I have used before without any issues. I powered up, performed the Cold & Dark state, set the MCDU 2 checklists to ON.  Went to the Load and Fuel page on MCDU2. INIT Loadsheet was shown in white and the normal empty yellow boxes for the weights.

Upon clicking Init Loadsheet (LSK6), the text for Loadsheet turns red immediately. The yellow boxes for the entry of passengers, cargo and fuel disappear.

What's interesting is I can see the max values on the Load and Fuel page do not seem to be correct for the passenger, cargo, fuel and TOW for the A319 e.g. usually it reads 124 passengers as the max value but here it shows "0". See screenshot.

Things I have tried.

1. Running Admin rights for the fuel planner but did not resolve issue.

2. Moved aircraft to different stands. Same issue.

3. Deleted the A319 fuelplan file from Aerosoft//Fuelplan folder. Same issue.

4. Checked the aircraft type in the fuel planner is the same as I have loaded in the FSX aircraft menu.

Any thoughts what to try next?

Regards

Mark

Running v1.31 of the A319 on a Win 7 64bit machine with FSX Acceleration.

Please login to display this image.

• Deputy Sheriffs

This might be a file access problem. Please try running your FSX as administrator (right click the FSX.EXE file, then "run as administrator"). 

Hi Tom,

Thx for the suggestion.

I tried that and it didn't help. Same issue. I also tried running the Fuel Planner with Admin rights as well but no joy.

I messed around with this some more today and finally resolved it.;)

I am not sure what of the two things I did solved the issue in the end, but they were:

1.  Loaded up a A319 IAE equipped aircraft, as I had tried another A319 CFM aircraft livery and faced the same issue.
  2. I reverted back to an older aircraft.cfg file I had for the A319 CFM variant.

With both of these tasks performed, with the IAE-engined A319 loaded into FSX, I got the Init Loadsheet to function correctly. (I could see the correct max values set for passengers, fuel, cargo etc).I then exited FSX.

I ran the Fuel Planner once again, then reloaded my original A319 CFM livery (Air Berlin), then accessed MCDU2 and I could see the max values were also correct. Clicking the Init Loadsheet function then worked as expected.

My thoughts: Somehow I believe the Fuel Planner app and the max values used by MCDU2 may have got corrupted for the A319 CFM. The only thing I can think of that may have contributed to my problem was on the previous flight, having landed at EDDF sucessfully, I got an OOM and the flightsim ended abruptly.

Perhaps because of this, the correct values were lost??? I can see in the My Documents/Airbus/Fuelplan folder there are some files that appear to save the previous/intermediate flight and FMS states for the variant being flown. Loading the IAE variant then forced a reset of these states for the Fuel Planner and then MCDU2. Just a hypothesis. I have no idea if this was the cause or not???? :huh:

Anyway, back in action now.

Regards

Mark

• Deputy Sheriffs

I would guess the problem was a faulty aircraft.cfg file. By replacing it with a previous (correct) version of it you fixed the problem. 

Happy flights! ;)

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived