Problem Weather Radar P3D V4

Good evening everyone,

I have a problem with the weather radar on P3dV4, I use active sky I never have anything that appears in the weather ...

the CRJ is compatible with Active sky P3D V4 but it does not work for me.

Wx + T and nothing is wrong I am in Wx and nothing while the ground radar works

Thank you for help.

Sincerely.

2 hours ago, lolocool16 said:

yes

Are you sure there's actual precipitation in the area? The radar isn't a cloud finder, and will only display returns when there is precipitation present.

Hello, sorry for my answer a little short,

yes yes there is rain, strong storm zones, when I'm with a PMDG no weather radar problem, when I'm with the CRJ I have a weather radar problem, with the PMDG in WX + it does not work, with the crj I chose WX on the ND is WX + T I do not touch gain or tild and it does not work ..

Cordially.

• Deputy Sheriffs

You have to play some with gain but mostly with tilt. The weather radar in the (RW) CRJ is pretty basic and tilt must be set manually. You can not compare a PMDG simulated radar with the CRJ. 

But as a disclaimer, the simulation of the weather radar in the ASDA CRJ is pretty weak and although you will see weather returns when used correctly it will not show an RW depiction. Same goes for ASN driven weather radars. What you see in the sim has nothing to do with RW. 

Ps, due to system limitations the weather radar only works on the Captain MFD. The FO side will never display any returns. 

Frank,
Thank you for your answer, I took the example on PMDG because they have a good weather radar, but Aerosoft with the 320 has a good radar that works well so I do not criticize in any way the CRJ achant that I love it.

But alos if I had to make a basic adjustment, the gain I will have to put it in -1 or +1? see more ... ?

Sincerely.

• Deputy Sheriffs

PMDG uses the ASN WXR, which shows you information that is not necessarily in the sim and therefore doesn't affect your aircraft. 

The CRJ uses currently the same WXR. And that's what Frank was saying.

The AS WXR takes its information out from the sim. It displays therefore all stuff that actually affects your aircraft, but not more. 

Archived