Flight Keeper - new developer

exploreall

PTA was successfully transferred to another developer who has done an outstanding job updating it for P3D v4

I would request that Aerosoft seek to buy the rights for FS Flight Keeper from Thomas Molitor

Then either update this wonderful app themselves or sell it to someone who will

Flight Keeper was and still is an unmatched program without real competition

The built in flight recorder for P3D is still virtually useless and Flight Keeper was as far as I know financially successful

I appreciate that Thomas Molitor was able to create it but he does not appear to have the time to update or continue to support it

I am sure there are many FS fans who would love to get their hands on an up to date version of FSFK

I will be very very happy when an up-to-date version of FS Flight Keeper will be available some day. If Aerosoft makes this real, that would be really great. Since 2006 I record every flight of FS9, FSX or now P3D by using FS Flight Keeper. I am lucky that it basicly works in P3Dv4, but it is really basicly and sometimes frustrating. Hope there will be an updated version some day.

I also second that. I have used FK for a long time and logged quite a few flights with it.

What's more, I simply didn't come across a real alternative logging software yet... of the available things I know of nothing comes close. For example, none of the other programs can log sim times (only real world utc).

In short - FSFK ftw! Would gladly pay for an updated P3D version (could even be less bloaty) 

On 29.12.2017 at 16:56, Mathijs Kok sagte:

Sorry no plans for that. I'll talk to Thomas and ask about his plans.

Thank you for taking the initiative. I am using the ACARS device in nearly all my planes and would love to see a portation!

On 12/29/2017 at 4:56 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

Sorry no plans for that. I'll talk to Thomas and ask about his plans.

I remember reading some other threads that you have not heard from Thomas for a long long time

He closed his own forum up at the end of 2015 and its just about 2018

Despite attempting to contact him via email he never answered me after his forum closed

When was the last time you heard from him?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Have you been able to communicate with Thomas at all?  I still use FSFK with P3Dv4 and it's becoming very dated and needs some serious attention.  I'm kinda peeved at Thomas for just abandoning it without any course for us dedicated customers.  Some, like myself, have over 10 years worth of FSFK logs and now they're basically worthless.  :(

• Aerosoft

Let's start by saying we do not agree that any customer should feel abandoned. If you buy a product is is always 'as is' without any promises that it will be updated for any new OS or simulator. No developer or publisher can guarantee that. You got exactly what you paid for. 

An update for FSFK is planned but without a date. Life caught up with Thomas Molitor and he needs his attention on other things at this point. When these issue are resolved he will have time for a new Flight Keeper.

• 1 month later...

Let's continue by saying that not the customer was abandoned but the product appears to.

Following Thomas's or the product's web page, what else would you expect anyone to think?

Of course we buy products and get products 'as they are'.

But then, if you keep it this hard way... why are all those customer-care, company-support, update-info, distributor-whatever-forums available?

I'll tell you why.

Forums are essential for customers and makers for cummunication and information. Because not only the usability of the core-product for the customer is essential.

At least in the same extend updates and information about the software are important, though there is no 'right to get them'.

But also all this is very important for software makers, distributors, and so on to keep close contact to their customers, to know about their thoughts, to 'feel the market-heart beat'.

All this isn't new to us. Nowadays it is part of electronic business. I'm pretty sure you'll agree to this. At least aerosoft offers this forum :-)

Keeping this in mind, what would you make us write if we (customers) find a makers homepage unchanged, uncommented and more or less 'statical' for now three years?

I think the wording 'abandoned product' meets it by 100%.

We need each other; sellers and buyers. Nobody claimed an 'update guarantee'.

But a deal is not only 1ea. software for XX money. We and you know this better. Don't try to tell us it is, please.

I'd bet no one can show a company which survived this strategy more than a few years.

Therefor let's end by suggesting you to think over your first sentences.

Archived