• Aerosoft

while we gather some information on the issues that we believe will be fixed in the next update and the issues we are not sure about (need more info or more time). Also keep in mind that the REAL systems are far from perfect and some of the issues reported here are very similar to what real pilots see. A befriended CRJ pilot wrote me yesterday: "Not a lot of what I see is a very big deal, stuff happens and then we take out the charts and fly the aircraft. We are trained for that. Your customers would be surprised how often that happens, I do it at least a few times a week, switch of the AP andf just fly that aircraft. "

That is NOT an excuse for bugs, but it is a good comment. We'll make some news about what the path to fixes will be soon.

If your friend is flying the CRJ and thinks that on an RNAV SID is ok for the aircraft to veer off the SID up to 90 degrees he either doesn't care about being violated or should look for a new line of work.  Most airlines require RNAV SIDs be flown with the autopilot engaged, now on the rare occasion that the aircraft does something strange then of course fly it manually.  An RNAV equipped aircraft not following the SID, route or STAR is a "big deal". Once on the ground the RNP status of the aircraft would be downgraded or another system being deferred ie. GPS, autopilot, flight director and this would downgraded the aircraft to no RNAV status.

**If your friend wasn't referring to these issues then disregard what I've said.** 

But that means I have to actually hand-fly the airplane at times?  Oh no! ;)   I've been enjoying this product since release - appreciate the relationship between pitch and power.  

I think it's a great comment, Mathijs, and a good perspective.  My ex was a CR7 captain with a certain US-operator and regularly told me similar scenarios.  In particular, he mentioned the KDEN arrivals, with their altitude constraints were always fun.  On another scenario, a late-night flight with a host of "I didn't tell you to do that"  issues made for a long final leg of the day!  Sometimes it just needs a good "CTL+ALT+DEL" reset on the ground. 

That's fine. I don't care too much about small bugs that require manual flying in some situations.

But the worst thing are CTDs or errors that lead to a crash of the sim. That is what's really annoying. Unfortunately from the last 5 flights there wasn't a single one without a crash. Good to hear it is still worked on with high intention. Meanwhile I took a break on the CRJ and I'm flying other aircraft again until the next update(s) come out. Good luck with it.

Archived