Problems loading available company-routes

datteroso

Hello,

I need help please.

A couple of days ago I bought Airbus A320-321 from Aerosoft.

I tried to load default company routes like EDDFLOWW01 (I tried with all of them) into scrath pad and nothing happens.

I red the pertinent chapters of the step by step guide, a lot of posters and it seems that I follow the right procedure.

Flight plans are saved in C:\Users\FABIO\Documents\Aerosoft\Airbus\FlightPlans

I load the airbus ready for T.O.

MCDU INIT page

I digit EDDF/LOWW and then LSK1R

Suddendly a new MCDU page appears (see below MCDU1.jpg)

Please login to display this image.

If I push return it comes back to the init page without any flight.

I don't really understand what's happening.

Thanks for your help.

Fabio

• Deputy Sheriffs

What AIRAC cycle (nav database) do you have installed in your bus and from which provider?

Please post a screenshot of the initial MCDU page you see after a C&D state or the DATA - A/C STATUS page.

Dear Otto,

thanks for your prompt answer.

Previously (until a week ago) I was used to fly with the old Aerosoft Airbus X; it was sufficient to load a flight plan from FSX SE planner and it was inserted directly into Airbus MCDU.

Now I have bought and installed Airbus A320-A321 and I thought it was enough without any additional stuff; perhaps I am wrong.

I am not an expert, I fly for fun even if am ready to learn additional things. Every thing seems to run well apart from loading flight plans. I am too old (and too lazy) to insert manually way point by way point.

Apart from installing Airbus A-320-321, is there any previous thing to install before running it (I did't find anything on the manuals)?

Regards.

Fabio

• Deputy Sheriffs

You have currently no active navigation database configured. Just press the button left of the "second nav data base" item (LSK3L). That will enable your navigation database and you will be able to load company routes. 

Thanks a lot Tom.:D Now it works. It was so simple (when you know how to do it).

Another question (the last one). it is necessary to update navdata and in case how to do it.

My best regards. Fabio

• Deputy Sheriffs

You don't necessarily need to update that database. All you need to make sure is, that the flight planning tool your are using and your bus using the same cycle (i.e. version). 

In general its more easy to update the navigation database of all used tools regularly, as you wouldn't have to worry about the cycles anymore. 

There are two navigation data providers: NavDataPro (from the Aerosoft shop page) or Navigraph (from navigraph.com). 

Archived