Approach problems

rogerd

I have been flying  the A319 for some time now but for some reason  I am having a problem  picking up the loc and glide slope all of a sudden. TRIED 3 FLIGHTS different  airports ILS runways and it will not pick it up.After approach  check list I activate  the approach  mode in the fmc.  I activate approach button after hearing loc alive. Any  help would be appreciated 

• Deputy Sheriffs

Did you make sure that the ILS frequency used by the Airbus is the same as the one that is being "sent" by the scenery? It is not uncommon that there are mismatches due to the following reasons:

- You use a default scenery with its by far outdated frequencies, while the Airbus uses the latest (or at least a more recent) database

- you are still using an old database in the Airbus while you use a new scenery with up to date frequencies.

To check if there is a mismatch compare the ILS frequency dialed in automatically by the Bus with the frequency of the airport by checking it in the default flightplaner of your sim

It seems to me the frequencies are correctly tuned if the copilot announces "LOC alive". I am more concerned about correct aircraft configuration for approach. Is the aircraft correctly positioned below the Glide Slope when arming/activating Approach? What is the Airspeed and flaps configuration? Would be helpful if you post a picture (in jpg format) of PFD, ND, FCU and MCDU at time you activate Approach.

Checked everything out and radio is tuned correctly configurations are ok .I now fly the a320 and every flight is perfect down to touchdown I am guessing  it is only with the 318  319 only. Can I uninstall just the 318  319 only and do a reinstall  as the 320 works correctly every time and I can not get the 318  319 to work correctly. Guessing something happened  to the 318 319

Archived