Crash after issue in FMC

Oracle

So im having an issue in the FMC while selecting the STAR. If i select the wrong runway then try to de-select it, ALL runways disappear. Then if i try to write the runway and insert it, its crashes everytime with a atc.dll error.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Faulting application name: Prepar3D.exe, version: 4.1.7.22841, time stamp: 0x59d67e95
Faulting module name: atc.dll, version: 4.1.7.22841, time stamp: 0x59d67e94
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000000000005ced9
Faulting process ID: 0x81c
Faulting application start time: 0x01d37f46a98061ed
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\atc.dll
Report ID: 9ffeefb8-9a88-41c5-abe4-35f27d1a8d03
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

Yes I was flying into KATL and selected 27R and wanted to change to 26L. I accidently clicked delete on 27R and all runways disappeared. Typed 26L into the Type Bar and clicked where it said runway. Then it froze and crashed

It's very strange: I also had this issue - also with the newest version in P3D v4.1. However there was no error message, but just a CTD. In my sim it happened while approaching Louisville (KSDF).

When I read this, I disabled AI traffic with little hopes. But then it really worked. What's even more confusing: When I switched on AI traffic again, it continued to work and never happend again so far. I hope it stays like that.

However: Can anyone explain what AI traffic has to do with the choice of runways in the FMC?? :o

• 2 weeks later...

Just had the same CTD.  Flying into KCLT.  Tried to change the runway from ILS 05 to ILS 36C.   When i clicked on 05 in FMS all the runways disappeared.  Hit the button a few more times and CTD.  Unfortunately no appcrash report.  But sounds exactly like OP's issue.  

• Developer

Can you give me the complete flightplan please and your position when you changed the runways. I can confirm that I was told about issues with switching runways in flight but I haven't be able to recreate this problem yet.

Hans-

KDCA  to KCLT -   SCRAM3 LYH CHSLY3

Unsure of position when it crashed but it was on the arrival since I realized the wind was different and needed to select a different runway.  

• 5 weeks later...

I also had this issue twice when trying to fly into SLC from ORD....I had to change rwys and when I went to enter rwy 34R from 16L I had nothing...no text for rwys and then about 10 seconds later my sim froze and crash.....This happened TWICE doing the SAME flight. 

Archived