Recently we have seen a lot of codes used to unlock our products being offered for discounted prices. Almost all of them are bought using stolen credit cards. These codes will all be blocked by our systems and you will have to try to get your money back from the seller, we are unable to assist in these matters. Do be very careful when you see a deal that is almost too good to be true, it probably is too good to be true.

OPabst

Sim-wings Canary Islands Professional - Tenerife Sur preview [Released]

sim-wings announces Tenerife Sur with photoreal coverage of the complete island

Release expected for second half of January 2018

Features for the Professional Version in P3D V4.1:

High resolution ground textures based on an aerial image 25cm/pixel for the immediate surroundings of the airport and 0,50 cm for the rest of the island
High dense 3D Mesh for the island with 5m resolution
All buildings/installations of the airport surroundings included in high detail
Glass fronts with interior at the main terminal
Excellent atmosphere at night and dusk due to rendered night lighting
Animated jetways (Ctrl+J)
Autogen and vegetation covering the whole island of Tennerife with more than 100.000 autogen buildings
Changed AFCAD approaches at Airac 1713
Dynamic car/ship traffic on the airport feeder and surroundings (AESLite)
Aircraft Parking and Information System (APIS)
All code (BGLs) compiled with P3D V4 SDK, using new material options and being performance optimised to the new engine
All objects optimised for new shadow technology
Ground layout following P3DV4 SDK
Optimised 3D runway lighting with activation/deactivation based on time of day and weather conditions
Apron lamps with new effects and dynamic light
AFCAD approaches at Airac 1706
Dynamic car/ship traffic on the airport feeder and surroundings (AESLite)
Full functional Aircraft Parking and Information System (APIS)

A Version for FSX/FSX:SE is planned short after the release of the P3D V4.1 Version, with reducted features based on the limits of FSX/FSX:SE

Screenshots Work-in-Process:

TFS_01.jpg

TFS_02.jpg

TFS_03.jpg

TFS_04.jpg

TFS_05.jpg

TFS_06.jpg

TFS_07.jpg

• Upvote 13

10 minutes ago, knt280 said:

Unbelievable yet another airport done multiple times, Come on guys use  your loaf! Do other Airports Madrid, DUBLIN.. yeez i give up 

Sorry, but Marid was also announced by other defelopers.

Sim-wings is doing spanish airport since more then 15 year now and the canaries are the oldes once, so they are now on the list. Ask the others, why they don't do airports witch are not in the protfolio of other teams for a long time.

Dublin ist not a sim-wings Airport, was done by Padlabs.

And a defeloper can make every airport, there will be always people, who want to have others airport first.

• Upvote 8

Never seen so much hate lately in any forum...they might have their reasons to develop this one like they had to publish a third version of Barcelona at this time. And the winner is Professional Customers! They pay equal or even more for one copy of it than all the flight simmers did.

But anyway even when they would not release this version now and did another airport there would be a huge amount of people crying and begging for a new version because the just released version 2 months ago "is totally outdated" as the palm tree right of the terminal grown 2cm and Emilio Gomez now working on the tarmac that wasnt modelled in the latest version. :P

• Upvote 7

Sorry, I really don't get all of you guys here. Instead of being happy that the niche market of our all hobby is obviously strong enough to come up with proper competition (after years where it didnt looked like that at all), you are only complaining. I remember some of the posters here in this topic saying one or two years ago that they are happy about competition in this market. That finally competition is showing up. That finally a customer can chose from more than just one offer. 

And to make it perfectly clear, this is my personal opinion and has nothing to do with my part as moderator in this forum. 

And as a second note, this time as my part as moderator, a few posts up I read the word "disgusting". I can hardly imagine that this is a proper tone for criticism of the announcement of a new add-on. As a matter of fact it invalidates all previously stated criticism by that poster. So please keep this topic clean of such misplaced commentary. Thank you. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 9

13 minutes ago, calzoom said:

My biggest 'problem' with this news is that Gran Canaria seems to be half finished and yet the developers have moved onto another project.

Any reason why we haven't got GC yet and TFS comes swooping in just after 2 other developers announce their projects.

Sim-wings are two developer, working independently of each other on different Projects. They only share knowledge and name. Madrid is in behalf of the other one, working on Gran Canaria.

• Upvote 2

Please say this to the other developers which came after our anouncments. We since ever made the same airports updating for our old costumers (sometimes with lower update prices) and new costumers.

As you all know since 2002. So please why don´t you write an e-mail to simmarket or other developers to do things we don´t ?

GC will and is done by us. If someone else right now will develope it, why don´t they tell it ? To be the first, like Barcelona ? They don´t stop us doing what we anounced since 2002.

Just my 2 cents.

Manfred

• Upvote 10

I can say it one more time or every week:

We will do nearly all airports we did before. All other developers can read this since 2002. They can ask us every day. They don´t do this.

If they don´t and decide to do the same and for that be the first ones with a new version of existing airports we did before, we can´t stop this.

Sorry but we are clear and tranparent.

MS - sim wings

• Upvote 5

@PatrickZ

There is really no need to offend us here and claim Oliver is drunken! This is really annoying.
To clearify the circumstances  a little bit: We have EVER AND ALLWAYS announced back since 2012 (somehow) to make the entire Canary islands
and make new Versions of ALL OUR airports. I cannot see anything here that could cause a problem or even force me to explian myself. Same was with Barcelona.
Of course it takes some time due to some other workload (P3DV4 updates etc.) , but until now we have delivered La Palma and El Hierro. Gran Canaria was shown and work continuous.
And since we were aware of a lot of other developers making spanish sceneries we have decided to NOT show anymore previews until the project is close to be finished.
(Other studios working in Spain: Orbx, Bilbao. Announced Barcelona Cityscape. Latinwings Valencia and announced Alicante,Madrid, Almeria, Santiago... whatever. Justsim made Barcelona and Girona, RFscenery made Tenerife North, MK-Studios Fuerteventura, TFS..... So seriously: Is this our fault? I could start ANY project that btw takes month of developement and someone else will come accross with the same airport.
That is why we have decided to continue with our announced projects and our effort to deliver high quality sceneries NO MATTER if someone else of all these studios is making such sceneries.
So finally the real question is: Why do all Studios from all over the world do spanisch sceneries? They can do it, of course, but you should not bark at US like a angry dog just because we simply continue with our work.

When you see our screenshots than you can easily judge that the Tenerife project hast startet a long time before MK-Studios announced their "secret" project "Tenerife". In fact MK-Studios were FULLY aware (due to their work with aerosoft) about our upcoming canary projects and allready signed contracts with Aerosoft but they have decided to do it anyway. Why? Don´t ask ME.

And to make it clear for ALLWAYS AND FOREVER again:
We will make new Versions of ALL our SPANISH sceneries (and others) in an order that will not be announced to the public.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 12

vor 4 Stunden , webfub sagte:

Sorry but no sode... in 2018 

Not really true, but it was not oficially announced until now: Oliver has developed a tool that will allow us to deliver SODE jetways for our airports. It is still in beta test but expect first SODE jetways for Barcelona and else in January 18.
The SODE jetways will be offered as a free download at our site and must be installed by the user following the SODE concept. The sceneries
will still be delivered with our high detail STRG-J jetways, but the user will have the choice to install SODE jetways additionally to substitute the STRG-J ones. We cannot directly incorporate such SODE jetways in our Professional projects since we want to keep SDK standards and be save for future P3D updates.
I hope this clearifies it a bit.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 8

25 minutes ago, Autopiloth said:

And since we were aware of a lot of other developers making spanish sceneries we have decided to NOT show anymore previews until the project is close to be finished.

Maybe that was exactly your mistake. Maybe if you had shown previews, other developers would have known you were working on it and would have stayed out of it.

Besides, I think everyone here agrees that the timing of the announcement of this project is very unlucky. Perhaps it would have been better to put it on the shelve for a couple of years and do some other projects first. Then when the MK Studios scenery is getting outdated you can pick it up again. I'm 100 percent sure you get more sales then than you would now.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 6

@PatrickZ, don't you think you should apologise to Oliver and sim-wings for your earlier quite rude statements against them?

I said it earlier and I say it again, this forum is not the place for rude words and personal offences.

If things will continue to cross the line I will close this topic temporarily. Such behaviour is not acceptable!

Everyone has the right to be treated properly and respectfully, but that requires to show the same respect to others as well. 

• Upvote 9

32 minutes ago, Autopiloth said:

To clearify the circumstances  a little bit: We have EVER AND ALLWAYS announced back since 2012 (somehow) to make the entire Canary islands

and make new Versions of ALL OUR airports. I cannot see anything here that could cause a problem or even force me to explian myself. Same was with Barcelona.

Allright, you made this announcement in 2012. El Hierro was released in 2013, so that's very reasonable. But then I'd expect the rest to follow on short term. It didn't happen. There was La Palma released in 2015, that's 3 years after the announcement. After that it went silent again. Now in 2017 (5 years after announcement) Gran Canaria was announced. And now suddenly SimWings seems to be in a hurry to do the rest? You should have been in a hurry 5 years ago, but you weren't. It was a very lazy project, a scenery every 2 years.

Next time if you announce you'll do something, make sure you do it on short term. If you take too long like with this one, people won't count on it anymore.

• Upvote 7

1 minute ago, Tom A320 said:

@PatrickZ, don't you think you should apologise to Oliver and sim-wings for your earlier quite rude statements against them?

I said it earlier and I say it again, this forum is not the place for rude words and personal offences.

If things will continue to cross the line I will close this topic temporarily. Such behaviour is not acceptable!

Everyome has the right to be treated properly and respectfully, but that requires to show the same respect to others. 

I admit I was a bit rude, I got overwhelmed by emotions and for that I'd like to apologize. That does however not mean that I'm changing my mind, I still think it would be best for SimWings to blow off Tenerife South for now. All in the best interest of everyone. I could however have said that in other words.

• Upvote 2

vor 27 Minuten, PatrickZ sagte:

Allright, you made this announcement in 2012. El Hierro was released in 2013, so that's very reasonable. But then I'd expect the rest to follow on short term. It didn't happen. There was La Palma released in 2015, that's 3 years after the announcement. After that it went silent again. Now in 2017 (5 years after announcement) Gran Canaria was announced. And now suddenly SimWings seems to be in a hurry to do the rest? You should have been in a hurry 5 years ago, but you weren't. It was a very lazy project, a scenery every 2 years.

Next time if you announce you'll do something, make sure you do it on short term. If you take too long like with this one, people won't count on it anymore.

Well, seems like you have forgotten Balearic Islands Evo, Malaga and Barcelona Pro which we did in the meantime. So plz don´t call us lazy. Both huge projects took month (Malaga 1 year) of development time and slipped in between the canary islands developement due to some circumstances.

Hmmm, a few post ago you claimed we have to make earlier announcements, now we should do it short term (which we do). So what?

• Upvote 11

Well ultimately it does not matter how much I or anyone else complain that Gran Canaria should have been done first or how much you defend and claim you basically own the rights to Canary Islands because you started develop there many years ago. It all comes down to how we, the customer vote in the end and we vote with our money. I for one just purchased another developers effort with Tenerife South and very unlikely I will spend again for the same aiport, especially since the same company is now on to Tenerife North and will make the two compatible, photoscenery color matching and such. That said, best of luck with your Tenerife South project. Hope we will see Gran Canaria in the new year.

• Upvote 5

This topic will now be very strictly moderated. Be very careful when making comments like 'lazy'. Very careful (certainly when they are obviously not based on any knowledge). 

• Upvote 9

First of all, I'd like to clarify the word lazy. I never called anyone lazy, I only said it was a lazy project. i'm fully aware of the other projects carried out by SimWings in the meantime and I do not oppose this. However as a result of those other projects the Canary Island projects were delayed, that's what I meant when I said it was a lazy project.

In the best interest of everyone I think it's best for SimWings to not do Tenerife South now. In the first place this is best for SimWings. The market for Tenerife South is completely saturated, so sales would most likely be low. It would be such a bummer to put so much effort in it and then get very little sales in return. You might even make a loss on it. Of course it's completely up to you to decide, I'm only giving this as an advice. Lots of people have already bought a competing project and as a result of that won't buy yours, I'm one of them. This is something to take into consideration.

In second place it's also in the best interest of the flightsim community. There are still lots of untouched airports for which no scenery at all exists (or only in very low quality). People would like to have those airports, there is a market for them. But the fact that SimWings is working on Tenerife South means they're not working on those other airports. The community would like to see those other airports done and is unhappy to see such a talented developer working on a project that is of no use to them. Developing capacity is still scarce and should be used optimal to do as many airports as possible.

So for future projects, I'd like to see more communications between the developers about who does which airport. Like for example, on the Canary Islands, Lanzarote and La Gomera are still open. I don't care who does which airport, but I would like to see them both done. In a perfect situation, the two big developers (SimWings and MK Studios) contact each other and together they decide who does what. Maybe they each pick one and leave the other airport to the other developer, maybe one developer does them both and the other pulls out of the Canary Islands. I don't care, I just don't like to see double work. That benefits nobody.

I hope I've made my point clear and I'd like to leave it with that. Only thing left to say is to wish you all a merry christmas.

• Upvote 6

While I am puzzled, too, that airports get done by three (or as in this case, four) developers at the same time, I find it intolerable how some of the users here reacted. Are there no more serious problems in the world than that you have to choose between three different versions of a particular airport scenery? Yes, other airports are left untouched, but if you are informed about how difficult it can be to get proper photo material and access to the respective airports (just take a look into the Johannesburg topic), then you should refrain from any reproaches towards developers. In the end, if you all know it so much better than the professionals, why don't you start scenery development yourself?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 8

9 minutes ago, PatrickZ said:

In the best interest of everyone I think it's best for SimWings to not do Tenerife South now. In the first place this is best for SimWings.

No disrespect - but that's purely your own opinion, and quite frankly, it would suit you, to state such claims as such!

To be honest, it's solely up the individual developer, to judge for themselves, whether or not an addon-development is 'in their best interest' or 'is best for them'.

I completely agree with @FWAviation. It's beyond belief, that users doesn't have anything better to do, than to complain about these things. 

It's just really, really sad...

• Upvote 10

This seems to be a new trend amongst scenery developers these days. Personally I wish that more new destinations get done for me to fly to/from rather than the same airport being developed by different teams. 

Doing an airport which is already done by other developers, and is done quite well at that, will ofcourse result in lesser sales than doing a project which has not been done or updated for a while now. I'm sure the dev team have taken the numbers into account, and I wish them the best of luck.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

And before we forget this: Until only a few days ago, Tenerife South was largely an untouched destination. Or did you all have the Simbreeze version installed? I didn't, because for me, it didn't match modern quality standards in scenery design. So maybe we should be grateful that that airport finally gets developed by modern standards instead of instantly complaining that it is developed by too many people at once.

• Upvote 3

What happens here is wasting of resources - instead of dividing the canary islands to the different developers, one gets done four times. I'm happy about getting it, but in my personal opinion SimWings, and I like them a lot, have in this particular situation no right to call the canary islands their own. Such a right to do an airport you have done some time ago doesn't exist at all - it could exist moraly when a developer cares much about an aiport and frequently releases updates for it every two years, but definitely not when a developer abandons an airport for a lot of years, leaving the community with no alternative besides begging other developers to produce it (And that actually happend with the canaries).

The frequency of updates of the simwings airports is simply too low, maybe there are too much airports in the portfolio of simwings, to make it possible to care for them all. I'm really happy about what simwings does for the community, the products are always great, and I think TFS will sell well despite the fact that it comes late, because of the good name of simwings. I also will most probably replace the TFS released a few days ago with the simwings version when it comes out.

But for the community this developing one airport three times means an even longer wait for the others. What about ACE? Yes I'm sure someone will do it, but when? These holiday destinations are very important for many customers, because people like to simulate flights they've been on.

And what about LPA? Yes, simwings are two persons, but if the development of an aiport not available at the moment is so slow, why not combining your workforce and bringing it out faster? SimWings could be the first one to release LPA and earn a lot of sales with it.

Another thing I'd like to talk about is the handling of critics in this forum. Of course Aerosoft own this forum and therefor can determine how they handle what, but again and again in topics like these, one gets the opinion that noone really cares about the critics stated here. Of course there've been rude posts, and thats not ok, but also on the posts with not-rude-language there are no comments which make the reader thing that the criticism "reaches" someones ear. Nothing like "yes thats a point, we should thing about the selection of products better in the future"....nothing like "yes, the development of the canarys was very slow, and it wasn't the best idea to abandon them for such a long time"...

Just some thoughts...

Finally I wish you all a merry christmas. I'm looking forward for the simwings scenery, it'll really be great, but I strongly recommend simwings to consider not doing new versions of airports already announced by a few other developers in the future, or already done by others. (e.g. MAD, CDG,....)

• Upvote 7

You expect apologies, @Qseries, where sim-wings and Aerosoft have no reason to apologise. As it has been pointed out several times, sim-wings had announced already months and years ago that they intend to update all their airports. Even the prospect of a new Tenerife South airport was floating around these forums years ago. And as you say, they have a big portfolio of airports - and as a two-man team, updating all of them sure can't be a quick and easy task. What other developers do is a wholly different thing, and I think it's inappropriate to blame sim-wings for the decisions of other developers. Should there be better communication between developers? Maybe. But are we the ones who get harmed most by the multiple versions of one airport - or the developers themselves, since the market might get overcrowded? This is why I find it so inappropriate to complain. We, the customers, have the freedom to decide. In terms of sim-wings, it was planned anyway to update TFS, so it's not even the case that any neglected airports remain untouched because of their decision to do that airport. So how serious is the harm done to us? Not very serious, if you ask me.

And by the way: sim-wings never claimed that the Canary Islands are "their own". They only stated that they did them in the past and planned to update them. What other developers did, is - again - a wholly different matter.

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, Qseries said:

Another thing I'd like to talk about is the handling of critics in this forum.

Just because people decided yesterday to use this topic to blow up some steam, this still is a preview topic to showcase the new upcoming sim-wings Tenerif, and NOT an open discussion topic. It simply is not the place for most of the stuff that was written here, and that's exactly why there weren't any "official" replies. 

If anyone feels the need for some general add-on discussion please feel free to open an own topic for that. This is and stays a preview topic and is therefore limited in terms of the variety of content in here. 

• Upvote 1