AES procedure for a newbie.

Mikep

Hello,

Im using the AES 1.80 along with KBOS and i havent really nailed the procedures..

Can you tell me step by step what to do to make my pre-flight as realistic as possible ?

the manual that came with the program wasnt all that detailed about how much time i have to wait between operation to operation ?

-when i hit F5 (start bording now) how long i have to wait till the pax are all in the plane ?

- What is the prepare airplane for departure ? when i hit F6 do i have to release the breaks ?

Will the service trucks automatically disappear ???

Would appreciate your help,

Mike.

• Developer
Hello,

Im using the AES 1.80 along with KBOS and i havent really nailed the procedures..

Can you tell me step by step what to do to make my pre-flight as realistic as possible ?

the manual that came with the program wasnt all that detailed about how much time i have to wait between operation to operation ?

-when i hit F5 (start bording now) how long i have to wait till the pax are all in the plane ?

- What is the prepare airplane for departure ? when i hit F6 do i have to release the breaks ? will it automatically push me back (even though i didnt select which side i want to be push backed to ??)

Would appreciate your help,

Mike.

Hi,

F1 (Deboard) make only sense after a flight, but then it must be the first you activate.

When you start a flight, you can select the services you want (F2-F4) but keep the order, when you activate them, but you must not activate all. You can press all key near the same time or later, the serivces will handle all.

When you ready for board, you press F5, you can do that while other serivices are still active or after all is finish, but the boarding will start only, when all other services have ended.

The time, how long the boarding is, you can configure in AESHelp with the Configuration button. There you define the lower and upper limit, within AES define the time by random.

F6 you press, when boarding is finish and you are ready to go. You can press F6 any time, but then all serivces will end directly.

When you have pressed F6 and a Pushsequence is available for that position you get a new menu to select and start the pushback. At the most position you have two directions to select, on some only one. In all case you have the option to get only the clearance, but that only make sense, when you can leave the position by turns without the push.

When you select the pushback (F1 maybe F2) then you wait for the commands you get from the groundstaff.

• Developer
But he also said this :

"when you activate them, but you must not activate all"

I say you can activate them all, but you must not do that. It's your choice.

Hey Mike this is how I typically do my AES procedures to start a flight. I skip deboarding because my aircraft is empty. I then activate everything that comes before the boarding procedure and go to spot view and enjoy the awesomeness. When I get the "cleaning complete, ready for boarding" intercom call I then go permanently to the cockpit view close the service doors (right side and rear left) and then hit the boarding AES button. When that's complete I then turn on my rotating beacons, close my main door(s), as well as my cargo doors. The rest is obvious; hit the prepare pos. for dep. button and push back, start your engines, call up ground and go on about your business. The whole process is in no way complicated, just freaking awesome.

I say you can activate them all, but you must not do that. It's your choice.

If i must not do it how can it be my choice ?? you're incoherent.

should i have my airplane cold and dark at the start of the flight ?

Because i can only set the pmdg plane as cold and dark aftrer i load it

Hey folks, since I started to follow AES procedures as they are implemented, I accepted to include even the deboarding phase as the initial part of the simulated flight procedure: this way, beginning with the "on blocks" moment, you get to ascertain what's your turnaround time (on blocks to off blocks), and you can do this even if you need to begin your flight in a dark & cold situation: just switch on the main battery, connect to GPU or switch on the APU, and pretend you have just switched off the engines and done all the things you need to, in order to complete what's called a "transit shutdown" ...

It becomes more natural to hear the ground crew telling you about blocks in position !

After all, if you really need to prepare the cockpit, load a flightplan and program the FMC, execute the checklists, get your clearance delivery, etc. , you will really need those 25 minutes minimums; therefore having some initial noise of deboarding pax will add to the realism sensation.

IMHO,

and always three greens to everybody.

Eugenio.