Any word on PFPX update?

Hello!

Since there's no active TOPCAT forum that I know of, I'll ask this here.

Rumor has it (read it in another forum) that TOPCAT will be updated as well, quote "[...]. The Devs told me they are working on it soon after some family stuff they had to deal with." 

Is there an official statement on the status of TOPCAT?

BR

Stu

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
vor 9 Minuten, Tom A320 sagte:

If you follow the link on the FlightSimSoft support page you will find the TOPCAT forum ;)

http://flightsimsoft.com/support/  ->  http://www.topcatsim.com/forum/

The Aerosoft forum is for PFPX only.

Hi Tom,

of course I found that one, but it's in a "read-only-mode" and the last posts are dated back in 2014.

Quote: "We decided to protect the existing forum - for read only - as there are a lot of useful posts and background information of our community!"

Stu

• 2 weeks later...

I have to agree on this one. It was stated that a new screenshots will be posted and the update could be released before World Flight 2018. Now, I am sure there is a valid reason for this delay and I am not judging anyone involved in the project. I really don't mind that the PFPX update is still not released nor screenshots were posted. However, I would have appreciated a short update so that the people are aware of the situation.

• 2 weeks later...

Buy the subscription, it works pretty damn well as-is without the update!

From what I understand, the update is in beta.  Just let them test it and get it ready.  

Everyone around here, and everywhere else in the FS world, should know expected release or updates rarely occur in the the developer's expected time frame!  This is why PMDG never give release dates or things - and I sort of understand why.  It would be hard to deal with the all the excited users!  Good to know there's lots PFPX lovers out there!

New functions include:

Restrictive areas are defined by those published or by custom entry and can be set active, PFPX will try to avoid them when finding a route. They can be configured for active day/time and altitudes:

Please login to display this image.

The coloured bars indicate the weather trend at the airports and can be configured to user requirements including weather ceiling and visibility warnings:

NOTAMs are now easier to find as they are categorized, additionally you can set keywords that will highlight text within the brief:

Great features but i rather see a better capabality to find a correct valid eurocontrol route, i have often need to use additional programms like vroute or simmbrief to find a valid route boring for a not free of charge software...

31 minutes ago, frederic29 said:

Great features but i rather see a better capabality to find a correct valid eurocontrol route, i have often need to use additional programms like vroute or simmbrief to find a valid route boring for a not free of charge software...

I have planned MANY routes in PFPX and uploaded to vRoute, maybe they are the routes you have used :) , vRoute is not a planner, it is a repository of routes.

Sorry for asking this again, but will the tropopause height data be included in this new update? I know this used to be an issue with your weather data provider, has anything changed in the meantime?

Would be quite nice to have this data available, as there are some study level aircraft out there which actually use this Tropo Height to create a realistic optimum for cruise. :)

18 minutes ago, datguytho said:

Sorry for asking this again, but will the tropopause height data be included in this new update? I know this used to be an issue with your weather data provider, has anything changed in the meantime?

Would be quite nice to have this data available, as there are some study level aircraft out there who actually use this Tropo Height to create a realistic optimum for cruise. :)

i will generate concorde stt transatlantic flight and post it here ...when i will back at home ...

1 hour ago, frederic29 said:

It’s easy enough to alter your route if it fails validation. And if your planning in and out of the UK to have the NATS UK SRD text file to give you the proper In bound and outbound routes. I doubt even LIDO get it 100% accurate every time.

Nice upgrade options.
I want to ask if there will be an option to see or print the route along with SIGWX weather. I believe that many flight simmers prefer this option mostly

Some to tested the application AivlaSoft EFB2.0 .... I have installed and not disappoint me at all. It is more years ago that used the previous version of AivlaSoft and was very good, because with the latter have been exceeded.

Archived