Any word on PFPX update?

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello all,

In recent months, we had to reorient ourselves due to the personal new situation (bankruptcy of the airline) and thus there was little time to publish a new version. But this does not mean that there was a deadlock in the program itself. Please understand that it may take a few more weeks to complete our ToDo list, especially the export functions of additional addons, before we release a version.

We wish all a peacful time

Judith & Christian

On 12/23/2017 at 2:49 AM, FlightSimSoft.com said:

Please understand that it may take a few more weeks to complete our ToDo list, especially the export functions of additional addons, before we release a version.

Good to hear there is an update on the horizon, take all the time you need! My apologies about the airline, hope all works out for you.

• 4 weeks later...

Wanted to follow up on this post.  I love this program, but it isn't able to import into the new Aerosoft CRJ.  It seems odd that Aerosoft would provide the aircraft profiles for PFPX, but yet PFPX can't export flight files for it.  Also it would be great it if were updated to work with the newer API provided by HiFiTech's ActiveSky.

Any update would be nice.  Would just be nice to know if it will be updated or not, if it may be this quarter, or later this year, etc...will default to using the less feature rich simbrief online.  It's free, but would love to get back to the more realistic interface that PFPX provides.

Thanks in advance!!

• Deputy Sheriffs
10 minutes ago, jmlohrenz said:

Would just be nice to know if it will be updated or not, [...]

Have you read by any chance the 3rd post above yours in this topic?

I think we, the flightsim community are asking the questions in reverse.

Why do addon developers insist in using various flightplan formats for their navigation devices, why not use a simple text formatted ICAO/FAA route data ?

The same applies to navigation data, surely a single ARINC 424 database encompassing all available data to the simulation community would be more beneficial than a multitude of bespoke solutions.

The PFPX online weather is not platform specific and is accurate for planning. Is there really any need to use data from various platform specific addons.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
18 hours ago, wanthuyr said:

It´s been like four months now since the last transmission, is there something new on the horizon?

Been wondering the same.

• 1 month later...

Hate to be “that guy”, but is here any news or updates on the new version? It’s been nearly 5 months since we last heard anything.

On ‎5‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 4:04 PM, Milton Waddams said:

Hasn’t the update been in the works for something like a year now?

There was an update Sept 16, 2017, so it has not been a year. Judith & Christian will likely come through soon enough.

9 hours ago, ifredn said:

Well, that doesnt help much. Is there any plan? Otherwise I am simply going to spend my money elsewhere.

It works pretty damn well at the moment, so any update will only make it better.  I have stuck with 1.28.8 due to a bug in the latest version with altitude selection, but I am happy with it.  To be honest, there's no other program that you can spend money on (for FS at least) that will do the things PFPX will.

Cheers,

Rudy

PFPX is working really well for me too. However, I'm still interested in an update, because I have the CRJ since it was released last year, and we STILL can't export a flight plan format for it.

• 3 weeks later...
49 minutes ago, skyymann said:

My only complaint (Whine!) is what I am calling the ETOPS bug, where it keeps wanting divert airports over land. Mostly Europe.

Scott

Whilst EDTO requirements may exist in remote over-land areas I have never had a PFPX suggest this across Europe. It may be an incorrectly configured aircraft file.

Which version of PFPX?

Post an OFP for a route/plan in question along with snapshots of the aircraft general & EDTO tabs

Archived