what is the most realistic turboprop for fsx SE

Kota Fox

so i was reading over a post and got to wondering what the most realistic turboprop is for flight simulator, i hear good things about the realair turbo duke but since that is no longer available, i thought i would ask to see what peoples opinions are, as im waiting on the an2 aerosoft is soon to release (im on fsx steam and the p3d version is the one currently released) my next purchase may just be a turboprop...i dont have money often so i like to hear opinions and do research to make sure i get something i feel is worth it, also, on a side note whats the status on the an2 for fsx:se?

The Majestic Q400.  The very best in realism.   Of course, it is so realistic that flying it with one person is very difficult. 

Another really good plane that deserves an honourable mention is the PMDG JS41.  I am not sure if it is available for P3D yet, but in FSX it is an absolute joy to fly.  Due to its smaller size it can get in into smaller fields as opposed to the Q400.      

thats cool, ive actually looked into the js41 and heard good things about it, im not looking for something as large as the Q400 right now due to my inexperience, but knowing something about it is a plus, im still stuck on piston engines but maybe one day ill move up to a q400 eventually

7 hours ago, Kota Fox said:

thats cool, ive actually looked into the js41 and heard good things about it, im not looking for something as large as the Q400 right now due to my inexperience, but knowing something about it is a plus, im still stuck on piston engines but maybe one day ill move up to a q400 eventually

For simplicity of flying and departing/landing into small airports the JS41 is the better aircraft.  Also, Avsim has a huge number of JS41 repaints.  Many more than the Q400.  Finally, all of the PMDG kits are really easy to use for us re-painters, thus if you need a custom livery, it shouldn't be hard to find a painter.      

so js 41 seems to be the better option then from what ive been hearing, alright ill see if i can get it one day then cause i have paintjob i wannaget put on it, thanks..being broke sucks, what money i do have is reserved for the an2 when they release it for fsx:se

• Deputy Sheriffs

Well, if you do not expect too much system depth, you can also look at Flight1's twin turbos like the KIng Air or the twin turbos from Carenado. For single engine the PC-12 from Carenado is also very nice to fly.

Be aware that the Jetstream isn't FSX:SE compatible. There are some known issues with it, so I wouldn't recommend to try it in FSX:SE.

If we're talking airliners my vote goes in for the Majestic Dash 8, it simply is a great airplane!

When considering general aviation I like the Flight1 King Air much better than the Carenado aircraft.

Also give our Twin Otter Extended a look, we put a lot into the systems, expecially the engines!

• Deputy Sheriffs

Adding to Emi's suggestion on the Twin Otter, environmental effects like icing on the engines are included. Also, the enhanced checklists. Check out the product page for details. Since it's fixed gear, it's easier to move up to than the Jetstream, plus the engines are more tolerant of beginner mistakes than the Garrets on the JS41.

ive heard alot of good things about the twin otter, i know the catalina is fantastic, aerosoft aircraft are pretty good, the ones ive gotten to test and such, the team that develops the aircraft for aerosoft do a really good job, though i would like to see more depth and realism, much like what a2a has...such as progressive wear and tear, that level of realism was a fantastic idea, but i do love the aircraft produced by aerosoft...i mean ive seen plenty on the twotter, flown the catalina and now waiting on my favorite aircraft to be released, the an2..(it isnt out for steam edition yet) so with that, im sure the twotter would be a good bridge between piston engines and the js41..maybe one day next year ill look into it, the twotter is great at stol and thats part of the reason i love the an2, i used to take it into the most unusual of places! no real stall speed is a nice thing to have..money i have now is sitting waiting for that beauty, so i guess my next purchase could be a twin otter..i just woke up so, i think im rambling

Archived