Jump to content
ComSimPilot

Unfortunately LNAV still broken..

Recommended Posts

After a lot of flying and testing, a few words on this: If you take a closer look at all those screenshots above (except for the last three), you will notice that it's always the same sequencing issue. The leg, the aircraft seems to be on is from a white label to a white label (for example PE463 to IBNEL). However, if this was the current leg, PE463 would have a blue label and IBNEL a magenta label. After fixing the sequencing problem, everything seems OK now. The same goes for the LSGG departure.

 

Roll speeds have been sorted. Also, the aileron position change per calculation cycle has been reduced to avoid aileron jittering. What is interesting though (and not reproducable for me at all) is that you got a 27.5 degree bank angle while enroute at FL340 with half-bank mode on. Actually the bank angle is limited to 12.5 degrees in that situation.

 

A few more things:

gl95r0f.jpg

There is a direct-to in this screenshot but I can't see from where to where. If you still remember, please let me know what exactly you did here (also: did you use the DIR INTC or the LEGS page?)

 

The "turning in rails" thing. I found out what causes it and I think I know how to fix it, but there's still work and testing to do.

 

I apologize that things take so long, but I intend to do it right this time.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Vor 1 Stunde, XFalcon750 sagte:

Looking forward to a new update.

In the works. But I have to ask you guys for some more patience. I'm as fed up with bugs as you are (probably even more) and I really don't want to release anything where I'm not dead sure that it fixes the current issues.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Hans Hartmann said:

In the works. But I have to ask you guys for some more patience. I'm as fed up with bugs as you are (probably even more) and I really don't want to release anything where I'm not dead sure that it fixes the current issues.

Take your time, do what you need to do, just as long as those bugs get squashed!

Share this post


Link to post

Is there any update to the direct to and FMS tracking?  Really want to fly my bird but...

Share this post


Link to post

Gentlemen:

 

BLUF:  FMS appears to be sequencing the active leg too soon on large turns (greater than 45* turn) and defaulting to "direct-to intercept next leg at a 45* angle".  This places the aircraft in an undesirable location for some departures/arrivals.

 

Discussion:

From your screenshots it appears that you're having the same problem I've been having with RNAV SIDs involving substantial turns (more than 45 degrees).  It appears that the FMS is computing an excessively early lead turn point to make these turns, causing it to seem to omit specific legs of the departure. 

 

My most recent example was on the GYPSM5 departure out of Eagle County (KEGE), the FMS turned the 215* course OK but then turned too soon toward KIRLE, turning into the mountain.  While in this turn it then sequenced to RLG (approx 12 nm prior to KIRLE) so that it was turned to intercept the KIRLE -> RLG courseline.  This of course also places the aircraft above/into terrain.  With a westbound turn to join the enroute structure, the FMS again discontinued trying to get to RLG approx 14 nm prior to RLG, instead sequencing RLG -> WEEMN, turning around to try to intercept the RLG -> WEEMN courseline at a 45* intercept.

 

Recommend developers look at the lead turn coding, as the problem appears to start there.

 

Cheers,

 

BirdyGYPSM5.pdf

 

Share this post


Link to post

With this FPLN, EDDM  KIRD2N KIRDI  DCT STEIN DCT NARKA L140 ULGAP T802 BUSES BUSE4A LUKK, 

after takeoff the CRJ 900 was always banking left. I switch to HDG mode and after some waypoints flown with HDG I tried to reactivate LNAV, same thing, the CRJ was starting the left turn.

Share this post


Link to post

I'll be glad when this gets fixed. Haven't touched the CRJ since the last update. 

Share this post


Link to post

Hans,

 

Any update on this challenge? Would really love to get this bird back in the air but the persistent LNAV issues are keeping me grounded.

 

Eric

Share this post


Link to post

Another week gone by with zero information or update.  I'm quite patient but this is really becoming frustrating.  Some have said, you should just hand fly the plane when the issues arise.  The problem is that it starts from takeoff and continues to landing.  It is a serious quality issue.  I've always had really good luck with Aerosoft products but for me, this calls into question their customer service.  I simply can't understand why Aerosoft isn't even telling "hang on please, we are working on it."  I would even be patient with "we are having a hard time fixing it and don't have an ETA."  But to hear absolutely nothing is so damn frustrating. Come on Aerosoft. This is not who you guys are, is it?  Do I need to reconsider each and every future Aerosoft product when it comes out?  

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, eefields said:

Another week gone by with zero information or update.  I'm quite patient but this is really becoming frustrating.  Some have said, you should just hand fly the plane when the issues arise.  The problem is that it starts from takeoff and continues to landing.  It is a serious quality issue.  I've always had really good luck with Aerosoft products but for me, this calls into question their customer service.  I simply can't understand why Aerosoft isn't even telling "hang on please, we are working on it."  I would even be patient with "we are having a hard time fixing it and don't have an ETA."  But to hear absolutely nothing is so damn frustrating. Come on Aerosoft. This is not who you guys are, is it?  Do I need to reconsider each and every future Aerosoft product when it comes out?  

They're working on it. You see the post. Coding is more complex than you realize. What would you prefer. This would be the 4th update with the same outcome. Please give it time. Let them work in peice.

 

v/r

ROMAN78

Share this post


Link to post
21 minutes ago, ROMAN78 said:

(...) This would be the 4th update with the same outcome. Please give it time. (...)

 

I think you misunderstood eefields' post.

 

Love my Cheyennes, BTW. Make me feel like a Chief ... ;-)

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, ROMAN78 said:

They're working on it. You see the post. Coding is more complex than you realize. What would you prefer. This would be the 4th update with the same outcome. Please give it time. Let them work in peice.

 

v/r

ROMAN78

 

I'm not asking for them to rush the fix. I'm asking them for them to communicate. Did you notice when the last communication was from somebody from Aerosoft? I believe it was posted back on January 4th? Another vendor recently announced a delay for their twin engine aircraft but they posted an announcement. With that I will patiently standby all day. I just want to know what's going on because in this case I've already paid the money for a product that, for me, is unflyable. And before you tell me to hand flight I wanted a hand flying aircraft I buy a DC-3. The point is is supposed to have an SMS on an autopilot that will follow a navigation. All I'm asking for is a little communication about what's going on. 

Share this post


Link to post

Understood... however sometime no information means its un-going. I understand the frustration. I've eagerly anticipated it on release but it was clearly not ready then. So with the upcoming release, I hope and believe Hans is working to ensure it exceptional. After all, its has been released numerous  with this recurring issue that was supposed to be fixed. I believe Hans and the team are working hard behind the scenes. Silence sometimes is a sign that progress is being made.

 

Respectfully,

 

ROMAN78

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, ROMAN78 said:

Understood... however sometime no information means its un-going. I understand the frustration. I've eagerly anticipated it on release but it was clearly not ready then. So with the upcoming release, I hope and believe Hans is working to ensure it exceptional. After all, its has been released numerous  with this recurring issue that was supposed to be fixed. I believe Hans and the team are working hard behind the scenes. Silence sometimes is a sign that progress is being made.

 

Respectfully,

 

ROMAN78

While silence means "we are doing lots of work" may be reassuring to some, I don't often find that reassuring.  Think of when you fly.  If they airline makes no announcements, most folks don't take that as progress.  As a former airline station manager, I found customers were much more understanding when we provided frequent communication, even if we could only say "we're working on it."  I've never had a problem like this with an Aerosoft product so this just seems very out of the norm.  As a customer who owns a "SLEW" of Aerosoft products, I'd just like them to take that feedback and put it to good use. There are other developers that are know for releasing buggy aircraft and make no attempt to communicate or fix the issue. I certainly don't want Aerosoft to begin to earn a reputation in that category.  

Share this post


Link to post

I took my first flight in the CRJ last night, and I was definitely caught off guard by the LNAV (in FMS mode, as well as NAV).  Was a simply familiarization flight KDEN PLAINS8 GLD HGO QUAIL8 KDEN round robin at FL230.  In multiple cases, the plane would roll excessively quickly to 20+ degrees bank and chase the route.  It would frequently overshoot any direct to's also by 10-30 degrees before turning back, zig-zagging.    I wound up just abandoning LNAV and reverted to heading select.  Even in some heading select instances, the aircraft would start turning in the wrong direction before correcting itself. 

 

I'll probably uninstall/reinstall as a last-ditch effort, but unfortunately this plane may be going back into the hangar until it's resolved.  Pretty disappointing first impression for what I paid good money for.  There truly is potential here with the visuals, sounds, and systems, but LNAV is definitely a showstopper.  And, honestly, it explains some things I've seen when I'm controlling CRJ7/9s on VATSIM.

 

Good luck with the fixes and improvements!  I look forward to being able to use this product in a reliable, realistic manner.

Share this post


Link to post

I just downloaded the new 1.0.5 and flew the CRJ 700 using LNAV, SID, STAR,  via FMC mode and ILS approach via VOR/LOC1 mode from KMCO to KATL without any LNAV issues what so ever!  Thank you Hans!! You should have a beer or two or perhaps three.  

Regards

 

Share this post


Link to post

Thank you! I certainly will!

 

Please forgive me if I lock this thread now. I want to make sure that I don't overlook anything new because it's posted in an old thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...