Waypoints: Overfly vs Flyby

Hello,

I upgraded the CRJ to v1.0.3.0, however, one item that is consistent throughout the various version is the aircraft bypassing waypoints. Therefore, my question is whether I have an option somewhere, for example, in the crj manager or FMC to set it up to actually overfly a waypoint versus flying by it.

When attempting a continuous descent especially on approach, I anticipate being at glideslope capture altitude by the time I complete my descent. I also believe I have XX miles to go between between my current waypoint and the next. However, when the aircraft veers off and starts flying towards the next waypoint on the flightpath totally bypassing the several miles between the waypoints its problematic not to mention in my opinion, a failure to correctly adhere too and fly the published approach procedure. 

Apologies for no screenshot captures to backup my topic.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Greg

• Developer
Vor 1 Stunde, Gregorios sagte:

Therefore, my question is whether I have an option somewhere, for example, in the crj manager or FMC to set it up to actually overfly a waypoint versus flying by it.

Normally any waypoint is a fly-by unless marked otherwise. You can force a single waypoint to be fly-over by adding "/0" to it's name in the FMS. For example use "OSN/0" instead of "OSN" to overfly OSN VOR.

Several miles is indeed a lot. Can you tell me which approach you tried?

Hans,

Hello. Thank you for the prompt reply. I was attempting the ILS 23 at EDDH (the new EDDH Professional scenery with the latest Navigraph AIRAC 1713 installed) with the IAF at LBV. The next waypoint  is PISAS (a distance of 21.8 miles). I was still in LNAV mode when the plane veered off a few miles after LBV and headed towards the LOM (D4.1 ALF on the approach chart). At the time, I was still descending through 7000 +/- down to 3000 ft. to intercept the glideslope at PISAS.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Greg

• 2 weeks later...

Hello and Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all.

Just wanted to update my post by saying the LNAV issue remains the same. I was able to take some screenshots which I'll try to attach.

In case anyone is wondering, I was flying the KER25N with the Rwy 25R RNAV Transition at(s) EDDF. The screenshots clearly show the CRJ cutting short the next waypoint(s) by a a considerable distance.

Anyway, I feel that it's time to hangar the CRJ.

Regards,

Greg

Please login to display this image.

• 4 months later...

I have this problem as well and it's pretty much rendered this aircraft unflyable.  I don't think that can be realistic.  I tested on the basic tutorial that ships with the plane.  When I approach Monterrey, it skips right through to the missed approach waypoint before I can even line up.  Super annoying.  

• Developer
On 14.5.2018 at 02:37, Skoop sagte:

I have this problem as well and it's pretty much rendered this aircraft unflyable.  I don't think that can be realistic.  I tested on the basic tutorial that ships with the plane.  When I approach Monterrey, it skips right through to the missed approach waypoint before I can even line up.  Super annoying. 

I flew the tutorial flight yesterday to reproduce the issue, but didn't see any unwanted waypoint sequencing. Which version of the CRJ do you use?

• 3 weeks later...

I'm using the latest version.  All my flights have this waypoint skipping on approach as described by the OP.  It's very annoying with the amount of work the crj requires, then it won't overfly the waypoints when lining up for approach.  Skipping ahead to next waypoint just can't be realistic.  It's hanger time for the crj I guess like the OP stated.  

• Developer

According to the test results of the SP1 beta testers, this issue is fixed. SP1 will be available soonish - we're still testing and I don't want to rush things.

Archived