Update for GA Pro Hamburg Redux

ahuimanu

Hello,

I followed this discussion and the outcome regarding upgrades to Hamburg: 

I reopen this inquiry as my Download shop account says this: German Airports 3 X and under the downloads this appears (attached file has an image).

It shows that I do own qualifying products for the upgrade.

Why am I not being offered the upgrade when I enter the serial for this product?

Thank you.

Please login to display this image.

• Developer

Yes, I also have seen the Installer in my Order of German Airports 3 X.

But, the license Key is still that one of German Airport 3 X

That only say, that Aerosoft gave Customers of the privious Product a free access to the content of the new Product German Airports 3 - 2012, but it is not a Licence Upgrade to the new Product.

That must be discuss next week on Monday with the Productmanager and the Developers, please wait.

Yes, looking forward to the outcome. I have purchased Hamburg just before the 2012 version was released, so would be a pity if I could not benefit from the upgrade fee.

Hello Oliver,

Does the product manager or the developer have some feedback? I am happy to pay an upgrade price in keeping with the rest of the professional line.  However, as customers of the previous package, I hope to not have to pay full price again for every P3D4-converted Germany Airports Scenery please.

Thank you.

The question is not to have an updated or not updated airport at the moment.

The problem is i must pay a full product price for having updated my German Airports 3 X airport.

¿What about don't paying 2 times for the same files?

• Aerosoft

That policy is one we have for the products we produce, we can't promise that for products developed by external developers. I see your issue though and as far as I know there is still a discussion going on about this between the project manager and the developers. Until that has crystallized I suggest not to buy this product if you feel uncomfortable with the arrangement.

Thank you for the reply.  This is highly disappointing as it amounts to full price for some of your professional line and not full price for others.  That there does not seem to be a consistent upgrade path makes for the "professional" branding to be confusing.  Moreover, the application of discount is not uniform across this pathways to this professional line.  What are the odds now that we continue to pay full price every time there is a platform progression? Please reserve different language for the things you do produce and those that you are a broker for.  Using unified branding (the "Professional" line) is now a bit of a mess as a result.

Please let your German Airports developers know how displeasing this is to their customers.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Another point of view: I bought the original "German Airports 3 - Hamburg X" on 18 April, 2009. Since that time, the airport went through a major overhaul in the 2012 timeframe to "German Airports 3 - Hamburg 2012" (the one that qualifies for the reduced price update) and was again updated to work in P3D. Also FSX;SE, which, along with P3D, didn't exist when I bought the airport. Not once during that time did I have to pay an update/upgrade charge to download and have access to the newest versions. Those are the ones that show today on my old orders page, not the product from 2009. The "bits" as Mathijs calls them that I originally paid for in 2009 are likely almost totally replaced by the code in the Professional version. I had no issue at all paying the equivalent of 24.95 euros instead of 4.99, making the price difference 19.96 to me. That's a pretty fair price for a much better (and more current) product than what I originally paid for seven and a half years ago.

Sure, I would have liked to save 19.96, but disallowing the original product from qualifying for the 4.99 price is not at all unreasonable to me, considering all the changes in the product since then. After all, I already got a free upgrade once, from the "X" version to the "2012" version.

• Aerosoft
11 hours ago, ahuimanu said:

Please let your German Airports developers know how displeasing this is to their customers.

Believe me, the issue is fully understood (by the devs and the project managements, these decisions are made together).

The arguments from Herman and technical issues making any other update hard for the shop software all played their role. It was one of these decisions that could only have negative outcomes. 

While I am content with the upgrade fee I honestly wish (as it is this time of the year) for a full priced up to date version, maybe after the reconstruction works on apron and gates have been finished on the real airport.  I prefer the GA version over its competitor due to the far better night lighting (including dynamic lighting performance on my rig) and some detail that may only be important for someone who knows the real airport but it clearly shows its age.

Archived