Majestic Dash, P3D V4.x

ckreiner

Well, there already was a thread (which was closed as "answered") but IMO it's not.
Is there any way to update the Dash 8 to a current Airac? That's the reason why I've bought NavDataPro and it's still useless for my purpose.

Just buy the Navigraph subscription, I did it (compare the reaction time of the two companies). Buying the NavDataPro was a costly mistake, but the last.

They could at least point it on the NavDataPro description page that it doesn't work with the newest Q400. As it is now I have a yearly NavDataPro subscription (bought for the Q400) that doesn't work and which I don't use, which I cannot return although it's not consistent with the shop description.

Same Problem here! 

I can't believe it that you are not able to Support the majestic dash8 q400 in Prepar V4.1? Really????

Very bad for a product which have a temporary License System where the user pay a lot of money for those kind of Service.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

Hello,

we solved the problem with the new data format for the Dash 8.

Within the next days there we will release a new version of our NavDatPro client which includes the support for the Majestic Dash 8 version 1.020.

well.......DOES it work now?
For me it does look like it, but I'm unsure:

Installing seems to be fine in the first place ("green" state) but it was like that before. After closing the update pop-up it returns to the yellow q-mark,  installed not found and backup not found. Also like it was before.

However, the file cycle_info.txt in the nav folder of the Dash-8 says Airac 1801 and that also is reported in the FMS when running P3D.

So now what? Do I have the 1801 or not? Confusing.....

• Deputy Sheriffs

Günter said that there will be a new version. So when you started NDP, did it offer an update? If not then the problem is still not solved.

vor 35 Minuten, mopperle sagte:

So when you started NDP, did it offer an update? 

yes 

Please login to display this image.

but

PMDG is correct

vor 2 Stunden , mopperle sagte:

The path for the Q400 is not correct. When you change it manually what happens then?

ooh,

Thanks Otto

same problem,

I don't get it  

• Deputy Sheriffs

Can you check if there is a nd.db3 file (with an actual date)? Or better search for it, maybe it has ben placed in the wrong location

vor 6 Stunden , mopperle sagte:

The path for the Q400 is not correct. 

Wot? Since when?

I use the same path (im my case c:\FSIM\Prepar3D v4) and the nd.db3 is found in C:\FSIM\Prepar3D v4\SimObjects\Airplanes\mjc8q400\nav as well as C:\FSIM\Prepar3D v4\SimObjects\Airplanes\mjc8q400\nav\NDP_Majestic_back.
Timestamp is Jan 7th which fits Airac 1801.

So far so good, I just wonder why NDP says "not found" for both current and archived Airac.

• Deputy Sheriffs
1 hour ago, ckreiner said:

Wot? Since when?

Simply because the Q400 navdata are not installed in the P3d root folder. Maybe the new version of NDP is simply not correct working for any reason.

I cant check it by myself as I have no access to my Sim-PC, but can check it on Monday.

does not compute, Sir.
I used the path as above and obviously NDP knows how to handle that. Otherwise there would be no explanation why the files are in the Majestic folder on my PC.

vor 7 Stunden , mopperle sagte:

Can you check if there is a nd.db3 file (with an actual date)? Or better search for it, maybe it has ben placed in the wrong location

ok, I found it (Thx. ckreiner)

D:\Prepar3D v4\SimObjects\Airplanes\mjc8q400\nav

nd.db3 19.09.2017

On 13.1.2018 at 12:02, mopperle sagte:

The path for the Q400 is not correct. When you change it manually what happens then?

I am a bit confused.

what is the right path ?

• Deputy Sheriffs

Sorry Gert, back home again and checked and indeed the correct path is the root folder. In my case files are placed correctly and show correct in the Q400, but what you see in NDP is not correct. Already handed it over to Aerosoft.

• Administrator

Hallo Gert,

I found the mistake. It was a missing "\" in the cycle_info_path entry in the base_ini.xml.

Please replace the base_ini.xml in the folder

C:\Aerosoft\NavDataPro\bin

with the attached file.

NavDataPro should now show the intalled cycle correctly as well as the backup.

base_ini.xml

Thanks Günter,

same problem,

PMDG no problem !

Possible Cause, my path is D:\aerosoft\NavDataPro\bin ??

Archived