PCI wifi

I bought I PCI WIFI card for my new PC this week because I would not be able to have an ethernet running throught the house.

I have fast internet but I was worried that when downloading P3D and my addons or flying that the internet speeds will be limited because I an not directly connected to the main hub. 

I bought the Asus PCE-N15 – Network Internal Card (PCIe, WLAN 802.11b/g/n, 300 Mbps) and the WiFi station is the uk’s best provider and I did an internet speed test and got 57mbps for latency.

Looks like that's fast enough, although keep in mind there may always be external factors that slow down your wifi signal. Those 300 Mbps the card is capable of are only available on short distance. The longer the distance the slower it gets. Also thick walls can weaken the signal. This should however not be a major problem since your internet connection is most likely slower than that. The internet speed test indicates 57 Mbps so you still got 243 Mbps of overcapacity. That's how much your wifi is faster than your internet connection.

Archived