Company route data not loading

JazzBassman

I have recently purchased Airbus A319/320/321 for FSX:SE via Steam, (Windows 7 Ultimate), and the sim is running very well apart from one issue. On following a very good tutorial by MrCobolman via Youtube, I am finding that the Innsbruck to Nice flightplan does not load into the left MCDU and give me the company route option as per the video tutorial. Following the step by step manual vol 6 results in the same thing. Instead I just get the "None" message. Any suggestions as to what I am doing wrong will be warmly welcomed. 

Thanks for the reply Tom....and I suspect this is the issue. Neither the video or the step guide seem to mention the uploading or placing of a flightplan. I presumed it was a default plan already loaded. This is my first foray into FSX add ons and using a study type piece of software. Any advice is welcome. 

• Deputy Sheriffs

The flight plans (company route files) need to be placed into the following folder:

• C:\Users\YOU\Documents\Aerosoft\Airbus\FlightPlans\

There are a couple of route planners around which are able to create the proper files and place them there automatically (e.g. PFPX). The bus also comes with the Company Route Editor where you can paste a route you got from a route planner in, and it will create the needed file for you.

SITREP

Having placed the .flp file into the correct folder and entering LOWI/LFMN into MCDU1, it still reads "NONE". I have noticed another file already in that folder....EDDSEDDF01.flp, which loads into the MDCU as expected. Being a former Marine Engineer Officer of the Watch on HMS Ark Royal, I fear that taking an aircraft carrier to sea with a quad of Rolls Royce Olympus is infinitely easier than flying a sim! :-)

• Deputy Sheriffs

For me the file loads ok. That leaves the question how exactly are you trying to load it?

There are two possibilities: on the INIT page

• enter LOWI/LFMN on the scratch pad and press LSK1R
  • enter LOWILFMN01 on the scratch pad and press LSK1L

On 10/12/2017 at 7:15 PM, JazzBassman said:

Please login to display this image.

It seems like you choose the wrong folder for your .flp file. You saved it into steam not into your documents folder. Check Toms post again:

On 10/12/2017 at 11:06 AM, Tom A320 said:

The flight plans (company route files) need to be placed into the following folder:

• C:\Users\YOU\Documents\Aerosoft\Airbus\FlightPlans\

There are a couple of route planners around which are able to create the proper files and place them there automatically (e.g. PFPX). The bus also comes with the Company Route Editor where you can paste a route you got from a route planner in, and it will create the needed file for you.

you stored your .flp under C.\Program Files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\FSX\DLC\500201\Documents\aerosoft\Airbus\flightplans

Hi Ludwig,

Thanks for this. It would appear that my download only comes with one pre-loaded route, namely Stuttgart to Frankfurt and yes, that file is in Tom's named file but also in the file I originally placed the Nice .flp into. I will test and let you know the outcome. 

Thanks,

Martin

vor 13 Stunden , JazzBassman sagte:

Hi Ludwig,

Thanks for this. It would appear that my download only comes with one pre-loaded route, namely Stuttgart to Frankfurt and yes, that file is in Tom's named file but also in the file I originally placed the Nice .flp into. I will test and let you know the outcome. 

Thanks,

Martin

I'm flying with PRO-ATC/X. Because of this I have other saved flightplans in this direction. The Standard Airbus just comes with the LOWILFMN01.flp.

• 1 year later...

I know I'm super late to the party but I've been skimming around the net for what sounds like a similar issue and thought I'd see if there was any extra help that could be provided here. I'm running the Aerosoft A320/A321 pack and have created a bunch of flightplans with both the AXE CoRTE editor and SimBrief which exports my plans both into the Aerosoft and FSX formats. When I jump into my plane and try to load ANY of my plans that I've created, it says "Not in database". All my Aerosoft plans are saving in the right folder (supposedly), C-Users-factory-Documents-Documents-Aerosoft-Airbus-FlightPlans but they aren't showing up in the MCDU. Not sure if this is exactly like what JazzBassman was encountering but it sounded similar so I thought I'd see if any of you could give some wise words of advice. I'm thinking maybe the MCDU is looking in the wrong folder so I've been searching for a way to change which folder it looks in for flight plans but to no avail yet. 

• Deputy Sheriffs
2 hours ago, James Nankervis said:

C-Users-factory-Documents-Documents-Aerosoft-Airbus-FlightPlans

seems to be wrong to me. Please post a screenshot where we can see the complete path

22 hours ago, mopperle said:

seems to be wrong to me. Please post a screenshot where we can see the complete path

Hmm are you talking in regards to the extra "Documents" bit in there? I thought the same and I can just go C-Users-factory-Documents-Aerosoft but there is no "FlightPlans" folder in that one, just FuelPlanner and a few other bits and pieces. Seems like its just gone all over the place. I'm reinstalling the whole thing now as I've just recently found the install application so I'll see if this fixes it. In any case the path screenshot and my routes are attached. Thanks for the quick response by the way :)

Please login to display this image.

Archived