Switch to P3Dv4: Hardware questions

Hello everybody,

After a long consideration, I am now considering a switch from FSX to P3Dv4. But this will probably be a bigger challenge for me, because I have a small "homecockpit" (see photo) and therefore a lot of hardware. As far as the modules and the controllers of GoFlight are concerned, I see no problems, because I know that there is an updated driver for P3Dv4. But there are still some open questions where I need help:

1.The first question concerns my System: Intel I7-6700k @ 4.1, 16Gb RAM, Win10 home 64 Bit, Nvidia GTX 980Ti (6Gb). Do I have to adjust or to upgrade something if I want to use the sim with stable framerates (25+) also on complex sceneries even when the dynamic lighting are on?
2. What about the CDU II module and the 737 overhead from VRinsight? Can these modules also be used with P3Dv4 together with the Ifly737? Unfortunately, I did not receive an answer on this request from the manufacturer.
3. I would like to keep the complete FSX installation with all addons and get a new SSD hard drive on which P3Dv4 (including addons) will be installed. Can this method cause problems, also because of all the other hardware?

Please login to display this image.

I am grateful for any help.

Regards,

Daniel.

• Aerosoft

1. Your graphics card will be without a doubt be the bottleneck. I strongly recommend updating that to something like a 1070. 

3. Should be no problem what so ever.

2. is the complex one. If you bought the hardware at a good shop they will probably be able to assist with that, but if not, drop me a mail at support@aerosoft.com and I'll see if Cedric, the shopkeeper of our Belgium store simWare knows something. 

Hello Mathijs,

thank you for the fast answer. I bought all my hardware from Aerosoft (including the VRinsight moduls). You will shortly receive a mail from me in this regard. Thanks in advance.

Regards, Daniel

• 1 year later...

Hi Tuijet1022.

Hope you are good.

I´m updating from FSX to P3DV4 to and have a VRINSIGHT 737 overhead.

Can you tell me, please, if you had success using the overhead with P3DV4?

Thanks,

Carlos

Archived