AI Traffic in Dillingham missing?

Lucidreamer

First off i would like to say how much i love the new Dillingham airport. Excellent indeed. I do not however see ANY aircraft or gliders taking off/landing at this airfield. I have my traffic sliders up high and still no AI. I thought this package came with "extensive AI traffic files" as it says in the product page.

I tried re-installing to no avail. I LOVE this airport but its very static without ai flying around/in/out of it. I imagined it would be like the great Emma Field with lots of aircraft landing, parking, taking off etc???

Any suggestions why I am not seeing the AI???

Many thanks

Matt

Hi,

same to me.

There is no ai traffic in Dillingham, which is a lovely little scenery.

I set my traffic density to different levels, up to 60%, no success. :cry:

Any idea?

Best Regards

Andreas

Look in your root FSX folder, in the AerosoftHawaii Dillingham Xscenery folder. You should have a file called "phdhtraffic.bgl". That's the file that should add the AI traffic (obviously). If you have that file, try visiting the field at various times of day and various days of the week and let me know if you still have nothing. There should be at least a few GA craft around the field most days.

thanks,

Hi Bill,

confirm the phdhtraffic.bgl on board.

Will follow your advise regarding observation of Ai during different day times and days.

Will report result soon.

Best

Andreas

Andreas,

Make sure your GA traffic slider is at 33% or greater, too. The commercial airline traffic slider doesn't matter as far as Dillingham goes -- there isn't any that lands here.

thanks,

Hi guys,

also, make sure that you don't have FS9 style traffic files in any of your active FSX folders. Just one of them will "kill" any FSX style AI traffic (including the Dillingham AI) regardless of traffic slider settings.

Cheers, Holger

Hello Andy,

unfortunately, a user can't tell from the "outside" whether a traffic bgl file is FSX or FS9 style.

Assuming (hoping) that all devs name their files "*traffic*" and that it has to be a bgl file your best bet is to do a Windows search for .bgl files that contain the word traffic in their names.

All World of AI files, for example, are currently FS9 style, as are PAI flight files. They will reside in SceneryWorldscenery but, as ightenhill points out, other add-ons may include FS9 style traffic files in their own scenery folders.

Cheers, Holger

Hello Bill,

an additional question.

I found this file - 0_phdh_af2_header.BGL - in the scenery/world/scenery folder. Is that correct?

Have tried meanwhile different daytimes and week days with Dillingham, also with 100% GA Traffic.

No success so far. :(

By the way, i am using my traffic x 5.1 and it seems to me, that i have very low traffic overall. Don't know in the moment if there is an common problem.

But Dillingham did not have any movement.

Holger

Regarding your advise with reference to the FS9 AFCAD files, which kills FSX traffic, (have already read this from your manual from Vancouver FSX) i have to ask again, how can i decide what is an FS9 AFCAD file (which we should make passiv) and what is an FSX AFACD file.

Or did i mix up here something.

Is a "traffic.bgl file" something different to an "AFCAD bgl. file"?

Best to you all

Andreas

RegardingI am not sure to undertsand it in the right way.have to ask again

A traffic file is completely separate from an "AFCAD" file, Andreas. AFCAD files define airport facilities, while traffic files actually schedule aircraft to fly from one place to another. The extra "0_AF2_PHDH.BGL" file you found in the Scenery/World/scenery folder is necessary in order to properly set the elevation of Dillingham. It's only a header file with altitude information, and doesn't affect traffic one way or another.

Have you tried setting your traffic sliders to full 100% for both airline and GA traffic? I have MyTrafficX as well, and I'm not having any problems with seeing Dillingham traffic. The traffic file I provided only controls aircraft coming into and out of Dillingham to several other Hawaiian airports, so it won't have any effect on other airports in your sim. Likewise, as long as any other traffic files you have are true FSX traffic, they shouldn't interfere with Dillingham AI.